“Was a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Norfolk, Virginia
“Was a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I came here to Lexington Va for a mini vacation. I searched all over for a good hotel and found this one. When I first arrived I went to my room and saw it was on the very bottom and a huge hill was blocking the beautiful mountain view( I love the moutains!) When I reserved my room on their website I did state in my requests that I wanted a room on the highest floor possible. So I went back to the girl at the front desk and requested a different room on the highest floor possible. She was SOOO nice and changed it right away. There was an event going on in town and I still had no trouble getting a different room where I did have a really nice view! The pool and hot tube was great and the free breakfest had great choices!

I would reccomend this hotel fo your stay in lexington!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

Clean and very nice rooms and amenities. Only negative was first room we were given had aceiling leak and plaster on the floor. New room was fine but items in room were askew -- lamps turned sideways, clock on floor under bed, walled stained.

• Stayed January 2012
Austinburg, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed there for a parent weekend at a local college and they doubled the prices for the weekend. It was $50 over the maximum allowed price according to the card on the back of the door. The front desk staff didn't even look up half of the times we walked in and we were seldom greeted with a hello. The room had candle wax on the floor from one of the previous occupants that never disappeared during our 3 day stay. I talked to the front desk and their customer service department about the exorbitant pricing and they both said they couldn't do anything about it and advised me to try to talk to the manager who sets the pricing. After giving me the advice about the manager, the front desk chuckled and said she only works part time and I would need luck to see her. For $250 a night I expect much more than what sleep inn has to offer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

We were in town the same weekend that VMI had their game and parent's day weekend and we couldn't find a hotel with rooms available at a decent rate. We lucked up on Sleep Inn in Lexington. They were able to give us a great room at a fantastic price. The customer service was fabulous.

• Stayed October 2011
Scottsville Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We frequently stay at this hotel, due to it's proximity to the Virginia Horse Center. Usually it is a great deal for the money, although they seem to get overwhelmed when fully booked. Our previous stay there was during an evacuation from Hurricane Irene and while the hotel gave us a great price and took us in last minute, the staff seemed quite harried throughout our 4 day stay. The elevators broke, and were nerve racking when working as they were filled with an acrid smokey smell. Breakfast was potentially delicious, but always barren by 8:30 a.m. The last day of our stay, they were able to provide no hot breakfast at all; we were told they had used up all their supplies.
I stayed at this hotel no less than 7 times throughout the summer, twice for a week at a time, and for the most part, although they are not fancy, they are usually very accommodating.
When you go will determine the price you get for your money, however, as the price during our stay for the hurricane evacuation was different than the other stays during the summer, and most hurtful the room price during the upcoming Virginia Horse Trials in October, which coincides with Family weekend for both VMI and Washington and Lee, will be triple what we have paid in the past. When questioned as to why they were charging so much for that weekend, I was told "because we can".

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

After having my late arrival reservation for nearly a month, I arrived at 11pm to enter a room with the AC off and the room temperature at more than 90 degrees. It took more than two hours to cool down to a sleepable temperature - not good for an 8am meeting. Several of my colleagues had the same experience. One having to change rooms because of a strong foul odor.

Two days later, I requested 1-hour late checkout to accommodate a late afternoon meeting. Despite several attempts, my request was denied without consideration.

Breakfast was fair, though some items were out of supply and not replaced. And the tables were dirty with no one present to clean up between guests.

With all the options out there, no traveler should tolerate this.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
greenville, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Rooms filthy. Long dead bugs (stink bugs) in windows in 2 rooms (changed from our first as it smelled as well). Hair and dust on BR floor. Tiny soap bars with bad shampoo provided in BR - had to buy soap and shampoo at local Wallmart to use. Charged much higher than usual as we registered in a block for W&L - block rates are usually reduced, not increased by a third. Will never stay here again and would recommend Washington and Lee warn people to avoid.

Room Tip: there isn't one
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!