“Over priced dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
USA
“Over priced dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This place was pretty bad. I travel ALOT and know what to expect from a hotel. I've stayed in worse places, but not many.

The place was expensive. The room I had was meant for 2 beds. At some point, they had removed one of the beds leaving the headboard still attached to the wall. The paneling was coming off of the wall. The room was pretty dirty. I definitely paid too much. And, if you want to check out late it costs extra. Noon will cost you 10$ and 11:30 will cost you 5$.

On the plus side. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioner was cold, and the shower was hot. So, it wasn't ALL bad.

Room Tip: The best rooms would be located at a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Woke up this morning to see a bedbug crawling away from my pillow!!!
Apart from the critters the rooms are large, the walls could use some paint. There is wifi and a large TV. But.... Bugs are not acceptable!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
WEST MILFORD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The room was clean for the most part, but the walls are thin and the neighbors noisy. The bathroom sink water ran brown for 10 minutes. The whole place needs an updating, including the staff who barely speak English except to say "Yes Please" every two minutes. Had I not been tired from my SC drive up, I would have moved on to another hotel. What did I really expect for $60? I did however like the mini-fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

This hotel is cheap and clean. Allows pets for $10.00 extra per pet. Owners are very friendly and nice local resturant next door. Easy to get to using bypass 11 outside of downtown Lexington. Only 5 minutes to center of Lexington. This is the place to stay if you are only interested in a place to sleep, nothing fancy just the basics.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Plymouth, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

I'm not sure if it was the moldy carpet from 1978, the stains on the ceiling or the fake wood paneling but I would recommend sleeping in your car before staying at this motel. The only reason I stayed is there was a W&L reunion weekend and it was the only hotel available. Did I mention the bed bug bite..?

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

OMG! The room had a king size bed with stains on the sheets to match. Also, I was scared to death to touch the faucets in the bathroom or take a shower. My husband and I were too tired to go argue for our money back . The clerk at the front desk barely spoke English. We should have just left right then and there when we saw the poor condtion of the check in area. Also, we were told there would be a free breakfast at 8am? People traveling leave much earlier then that. Anyway, probably would have got food poisoning if we dared to stay long enough for breakfast. OH ! and the walls were so thin I could hear the man in the room next to us snoring way louder then my hubby, needless to say I didnt get much sleep.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

I was traveling to Lexington from Charlotte NC so that my son could attend a campus visit to a college in that area. I guess that as soon as I pulled up in front of the motel I shold have kept on going. I actually considered it but it was after six PM and I had not cancelled my reservation therefore I would be paying for the room regardless. THe building is obviously old and run down. My first thought was that if it looked that bad outside it must be terrible on the inside.

The office was dim and while not obvious, it has an unclean feel to it. The guy who runs obviously lives there as he was dressed as if he had just woke up from bed to come to the front desk. Before I even mentioned that I had a reservation, he asked me if I was paying cash which really struck me as odd. Then I noticed a handwritten note on the counter that was intended to be seen by all who entered that he had rooms that he would rent by the hour and that he only accepted cash for those rooms.

we got into our room and the musty smell was overwhelming. at one point, there had been a leak in the ceiling and most of the tiles were discolored and sagging. I went to the bathroom and at first glanced I noticed a thick line of mold that ran the length of the shower. ( see the attached picture).

At this point I immediately went back to the front desk and asked for refund as I would be checking out. I was informed there was a no refund policy.

I set up the ironing board but the legs were bent and the board would not stand on its own. I had to support the board with one hand while trying to iron a shirt. Just about the time I wondered what else could possibly be wrong, the iron started leaking all over my shirt that i was attempting to iron.

The heat worked intermittently so that was a plus. There was no soap or shampoo provided with room.

If you are reading this, please consider that less than two miles from the loaction of this hotel, is the Days Inn that charged the same rates and in comparison, it offers a 5 star ratined experience.

In the internet ad for this hotel the following ammenaties are offered

Breakfast available (surcharge)
Business services
Restaurant(s) in hotel
Smoke-free property
Fitness Center or Spa
Modem Lines in Room
24 Hour Front Desk
Fitness room

This items listed above are truly FALSE advertising.

There is no breakfast available. He offers a continental breakfast but in truth it is donuts and muffins that are prepackaged and he sells them at for a 1.50 a piece. There is no business center or services offered.All rooms are smoking rooms because I asked for a non smoking and was informed that you can smoke in all rooms.

There is no fitness center. But, you will get plenty of exercise cleaning your own room prior to occupying it. There are no modem lines or highspeed internet available. The front desk is not manned 24 hours as advertised. If you need something after 10 PM you have to call him in his room.

The Red Carpet Inns have name recognition and one would think that as a ' Chain' Operated motel, there would be some sort of standard that should be maintained. But that is definitely not the case with the RC Inn in Lexington Virginia.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Red Carpet Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!