“Bate and switch....Beware!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 shopping in Lexington
Type: Specialty Shops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are located in beautiful downtown Lexington, VA. Our exact Location is next to Blue Sky Bakery and across the street from the Post Office. Come in and see us.
Sharpsburg, Maryland, United States
“Bate and switch....Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I read many reviews about this company and was pleased with what I read, so I placed an order totalling a couple of hundred dollars for my family, who will not be able to be together this Easter holiday.
They received the baskets, but much to my embarassment, these were in fact not the baskets I thought I was purchasing. They were painted market baskets, and not the traditional Easter baskets with lovely bows/ribbons, in clear wrapping, as my order clearly depicts. Now, my family does not know what I tried to send and I will keep it quiet. But the baskets they received are a huge embarassment to me, as I would not have placed the order, had I known I would not be sending what was in the picture at the time I placed my orders. From what my family has said, the chocolate is very good and they like it, thank goodness for that!
But to show one thing and ship something entirely different, without notifying the customer first, is a huge disappointment.
I sent email to customer service, but have not heard a word back from them as of yet.
I will not be ordering anymore from this company, since they dont deliver what they advertise.
Disappointed!

Visited March 2013
Sarah M, Manager at Cocoa Mill Chocolate Company, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are always looking to improve our our product and packaging. We appreciate the time you have taken to write a descriptive response to the order you placed. We did recieve your email and did respond to it, attached with pictures. We also took pictures of what every Easter basket looked like when it left our store. They were a painted basket sealed in cellophane, then wrapped with beautiful tulle and tied with a large Easter bow, very fairytale like. The pictures of the baskets are available on our facebook page and have continued to recieve several likes since the original post. We realize that not everyone has the same taste in packaging. We are very sorry to hear you were so disappointed with the basket this year. We are glad that your family enjoyed the contents of the basket. At Cocoa Mill we strive to improve our product, packaging and customer service when we receive a poor review and your post has given us food for thought. We truly appreciate our customers as well as their thoughts and criticisms. Again thank you for your review and time.
Cocoa Mill Chocolates

Columbus, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
“Some of the best chocolate I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My mother and I were delighted to find this little shop on a recent visit to downtown historic Lexington. I've had chocolate from all over the country, and this is one of my favorites. Sadly, they were out of milk chocolate peanut butter cups that day, but the s'mores bark, peanut clusters, and sea salt caramels were excellent. The store itself was lovely, and the lady who helped us could not have been more pleasant. Some people have remarked that the chocolate is expensive, but it is less expensive than Godiva, and far superior. Definitely worth the price.

Visited October 2012
Lexington, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Holy moly, if you are in town and do not stop here, then you do not LOVE good chocolate! I am a local and I have to keep myself far away from here or I will be as big as a house!!! I drool when I simply see the truffles!!! MMMMMM!

Visited September 2012
richmond,virginia
26 attraction reviews
“great homemade chocolates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Yum ! Bought some to take home- really GOOD chocolate!

Visited March 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

All chocolates were offered along with a white. I found some of the bittersweet to be a little grainy....but good.

Visited January 2012