“Comfortable and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Lake Montezuma, Arizona
“Comfortable and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was an unexpected stop due to inclement weather. We were able to check in earlier than the advertised check in time and the woman at the front desk was very courteous and understanding. The room was clean and warm (it was only 29 degrees outside and storming), and right next door is an Applebee's restaurant. A $5.00 off on a $25.000 order coupon for dinner was available for the restaurant. A continental breakfast is available from 6 a.m. and has a nice selection of breakfast choices. The internet was high speed and I logged right on with my laptop. The motel is a short drive off I-81 and well worth the stop. The motel is close to VMI we noticed.

Room Tip: We like a ground floor with the outside entrance.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Patricia,
Thanks for sharing your comments of your visit to the Best Western Lexington Inn.
I am sorry your visit was due to poor weather conditions as the Lexington area has lots of history to offer for our visitors.
I am pleased all aspects of your stay were enjoyable including your clean and warm room, location of hotel and Applebee's restaurant and your breakfast the next morning.
I hope you will return to the Lexington area in the future and take in the many historical stops of the downtown area.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I found the hotel perfect for what we wanted. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed excellent and the water in the shower hot. The continental breakfast was good along with a good food selection. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Applebee restaurant is right next door along with shopping establishments. Other hotels are in the immediate area, but I have no reason to recommend them. I'd recommend this hotel to any traveler.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Two adults and one large Golden Retriever recently spent the night here. From the registration with Kara to the checkout with Tasha, we spent the best night in a hotel we have had in a long time. The dsk personnel were courteous and efficient as well as friendly. The room was exceptionaly clean and all appliances worked well. Hot breakfast was hot and delicious.. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definately stay again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Margaret
Thanks for sharing your comments of your recent visit to the Comfort Inn.
I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. Thanks in advance for recommending our hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was clean but the front desk personnel were on the rude side, they have a hidden safe charge per day you need to request to have removed, and the Wifi signal strength was poor quality. Breakfast was typical continental style although no Belgium waffles.

• Stayed September 2012
DomSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are very sorry our front desk staff did not treat you with the kindest respect. We will certainly look in to doing more training with them on staff service. We do offer safes in the room and there is an additional charge for it. The reason it is automatically added on is because we cannot asked at check in if you would like this fee or not because if you do have something valuable you are traveling with and are using our safes you probably don’t want to tell anyone. We are more than happy to take this charge off at check-out. We are looking into our Wi-Fi services to be able to offer a better service to our guests. Thank you for your review and we will be working on those areas to get them up to par.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's been a while since I experienced this level of "sub-prime" organization in a motel with excellent location. Near the historic district and the VMI campus this hotel must be the last to fill for special events weekends. While check-in and check-out went very smoothly, the rooms are "minimally adequate." While clean, there could be some extra attention to detail.

The biggest disappointment was the "complimentary breakfast." Let's start with only one microwave and one toaster, cloistered in a corner cubbyhole, therefore access is limited. Food items are not prepped in advance. The motel fails to provide the server a prep area with independent heating facility/equipment. The sever must share the microwave to heat and serve supplemental menu items as they are consumed.

The "biscuits" were frozen. The sausage patties are in a mini-refrigerator and biscuits and sausage must be heated by each patron while competing with the server. Condiment selection is broad - thanks. The serving area is neat but too closely located with the service line. Coffee, located apart from the service line, is excellent, full bodied - thanks. Fruit selection limited to apples only. Doughnut selection varied and fresh; but may have been frozen.

After fighting for cooking time, elbowing my way near the cubby-hole and heating my biscuit, the gravy with meat was delicious. Milk and yogurt containers are half-pint servings to match the mini-refrigerator compartment space available.

Highly suggest management look to realign the area. This breakfast nook area is compressed because it is collocated with the Front Desk and small sitting area. Suggest that the the computer and printer be moved to the second floor landing (wasted space), that would allow for additional space to expand the service line. Perhaps for separate fruit and sweets/doughnut, and bagel area. Bagel selection/choices adequate but fighting for cook time and access to the heat elements made the event a challenge.

Thankfully we were not rushed and could enjoy the "running of the bulls breakfast preparation" ritual performed by the other patrons. Great entertainment and I could not count the number of "excuse me" and "I'm sorry" comments these patient diners demonstrated.

Bottom line: my dear, patient, and never critical wife refuses to return to this Best Western until the service opportunities improve. It only takes a little time, thought, and minimum dollar expenditure to turn this "disaster area" into an acceptable breakfast area focused on the needs of the customer. I hope management will give the server a chance to excel. She has the personality just not the space and equipment.

Room Tip: Suggest an upstairs room, outside entrance in the low 200's puts you near the front of the build...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DomSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I really would like to thank you for this review. You went above and beyond explaining your stay and also gave suggestions that we are taking very seriously. I am disappointed that you felt our hotel was sub-prime. We have taken your suggestions to management and are looking for ways to rework the breakfast and computer area. I am very sorry that your wife was so upset and we hope to rework the breakfast area and the next time you return that it be something that is a little easier to use.
Thank you again for your suggestions.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at this Best Western on my way through Virginia. I was looking for a good value and I sure found it here...Check In was a breeze and the front desk staff was very helpful. I got to my room and everything was spotless. If I am even remotely in the vicinity and need a room again, I will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here on a busy Friday evening when it seemed the whole of the horse world had descended on Lexington for some event or other. Many surrounding hotels were charging astronomical prices for what rooms they had left, but here at the Best Western Lexington Inn we were even allowed to use a coupon for one of their few remaining rooms. The room was very clean with lots of lovely thick towels and the $65.00 we paid even included breakfast which was more than adequate. Just couldn't fault it for the price paid, excellent value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn? Share your experiences!