“Ok hotel but front desk borderline rude and Wifi not reliable.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Lexington
“Ok hotel but front desk borderline rude and Wifi not reliable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was clean but the front desk personnel were on the rude side, they have a hidden safe charge per day you need to request to have removed, and the Wifi signal strength was poor quality. Breakfast was typical continental style although no Belgium waffles.

• Stayed September 2012
DomSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are very sorry our front desk staff did not treat you with the kindest respect. We will certainly look in to doing more training with them on staff service. We do offer safes in the room and there is an additional charge for it. The reason it is automatically added on is because we cannot asked at check in if you would like this fee or not because if you do have something valuable you are traveling with and are using our safes you probably don’t want to tell anyone. We are more than happy to take this charge off at check-out. We are looking into our Wi-Fi services to be able to offer a better service to our guests. Thank you for your review and we will be working on those areas to get them up to par.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's been a while since I experienced this level of "sub-prime" organization in a motel with excellent location. Near the historic district and the VMI campus this hotel must be the last to fill for special events weekends. While check-in and check-out went very smoothly, the rooms are "minimally adequate." While clean, there could be some extra attention to detail.

The biggest disappointment was the "complimentary breakfast." Let's start with only one microwave and one toaster, cloistered in a corner cubbyhole, therefore access is limited. Food items are not prepped in advance. The motel fails to provide the server a prep area with independent heating facility/equipment. The sever must share the microwave to heat and serve supplemental menu items as they are consumed.

The "biscuits" were frozen. The sausage patties are in a mini-refrigerator and biscuits and sausage must be heated by each patron while competing with the server. Condiment selection is broad - thanks. The serving area is neat but too closely located with the service line. Coffee, located apart from the service line, is excellent, full bodied - thanks. Fruit selection limited to apples only. Doughnut selection varied and fresh; but may have been frozen.

After fighting for cooking time, elbowing my way near the cubby-hole and heating my biscuit, the gravy with meat was delicious. Milk and yogurt containers are half-pint servings to match the mini-refrigerator compartment space available.

Highly suggest management look to realign the area. This breakfast nook area is compressed because it is collocated with the Front Desk and small sitting area. Suggest that the the computer and printer be moved to the second floor landing (wasted space), that would allow for additional space to expand the service line. Perhaps for separate fruit and sweets/doughnut, and bagel area. Bagel selection/choices adequate but fighting for cook time and access to the heat elements made the event a challenge.

Thankfully we were not rushed and could enjoy the "running of the bulls breakfast preparation" ritual performed by the other patrons. Great entertainment and I could not count the number of "excuse me" and "I'm sorry" comments these patient diners demonstrated.

Bottom line: my dear, patient, and never critical wife refuses to return to this Best Western until the service opportunities improve. It only takes a little time, thought, and minimum dollar expenditure to turn this "disaster area" into an acceptable breakfast area focused on the needs of the customer. I hope management will give the server a chance to excel. She has the personality just not the space and equipment.

Room Tip: Suggest an upstairs room, outside entrance in the low 200's puts you near the front of the build...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DomSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I really would like to thank you for this review. You went above and beyond explaining your stay and also gave suggestions that we are taking very seriously. I am disappointed that you felt our hotel was sub-prime. We have taken your suggestions to management and are looking for ways to rework the breakfast and computer area. I am very sorry that your wife was so upset and we hope to rework the breakfast area and the next time you return that it be something that is a little easier to use.
Thank you again for your suggestions.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at this Best Western on my way through Virginia. I was looking for a good value and I sure found it here...Check In was a breeze and the front desk staff was very helpful. I got to my room and everything was spotless. If I am even remotely in the vicinity and need a room again, I will definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here on a busy Friday evening when it seemed the whole of the horse world had descended on Lexington for some event or other. Many surrounding hotels were charging astronomical prices for what rooms they had left, but here at the Best Western Lexington Inn we were even allowed to use a coupon for one of their few remaining rooms. The room was very clean with lots of lovely thick towels and the $65.00 we paid even included breakfast which was more than adequate. Just couldn't fault it for the price paid, excellent value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Trenton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We found this Best Western in a rest stop coupon travel book. We called that night on the road (which you have to do when using the coupon book) and got a room. With the coupon the rate was $65 + tax.

The room was clean and had no bed bugs, but it did have a few flies, a spider and a beetle. I'm not a bug person so this didn't make for a good night's sleep!

The bathroom itself it somewhat tiny, but clean so I can't complain too much.

There is a mini-fridge and hair dryer in the room. Beds are comfortable enough. The stay was quiet, although I think they allow for pets so you could hear barking at different points during the night. In all honesty, though, I'd rather hear barking than noisy people. The hotel is an exterior access hotel, which we liked, and is also near - but not right on, the freeway. Don't drink the in-room coffee, it's disgusting.

The breakfast is OK. Scrambled eggs (not fresh, probably instant) and sausages, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, donuts, yogurt, milk, juices, and coffee and tea.

I recommend this hotel if you need a basic place to stay with no frills. It does the job - gives you a place to sleep. It is far, however, from 5 star.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DomSales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I would like to first personally thank you for your review. We do appreciate the feedback we receive. We are happy to hear you found our hotel through one of the coupon books.
We are very sorry you didn’t have a bug free room. We do try our hardest to keep unwanted pest out by have a pest control company come out and spray once a month and by keeping the rooms really clean.
We are very proud of our clean hotel and we will make sure to let housekeeping know about the clean room you found.
We are a pet friendly hotel but we do try to make sure our 4 legged pets know they need to keep the noise down as well as the our other guests.
We are sorry you did not like the coffee. We do use the Best Western standard coffee. We do try to accommodate everyone preferences with coffee but know everyone likes it a little different.
Our breakfast is a Best Western standard breakfast with a few extra items. We try our best to keep it clean and stocked.
We hope if you are passing through again you will stay with us again.
Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We are actually still currently staying in this property due to a very violent storm on June 29th that caused millions to lose power. We packed up our doggie and I reserved a room online very early the morning following the storm. We stopped by to make sure the reservation went through because the hotels phone lines were down. Tasha at the front desk was great, very helpful by letting us go ahead and check in due to the extremely high heat. Sooo convenient that they allow pets too! Nice grassy areas to walk the pup. And the rate was very reasonable in my opinion. We actually are choosing not to utilize housekeeping since our dog is with us, but all the ladies we came across this morning have been very nice. We did get some clean towels earlier too.

Fitness room is pretty nice, treadmill, elliptical, weight machine, & a bicycle occupy it. They also have a water cooler which is always a nice touch, along with a private bathroom. Breakfast was really pretty good for a freebie, eggs & sausage, along with biscuits & gravy, cereal, breads, donuts, yogurts, and fruit. Standard coffee, juices, & milks. Very nice indeed.

Our room is a non smoking with a king bed and microwave & fridge. It's very clean & comfortable, has 2 side chairs and a dining type table, along with a desk and separate chair for it. We hope to go home soon when power is restored but if I was in this area I would not hesitate to stay here at all!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are excited we could help you in a time of need. It is not to offten we get to help our fellow neighbors but we are here if they need anything. We are glad you have enjoyed all the different admenities we have to offer including our workout room.
We hope you all (including your pup) are able to get back into your house again soon. Thank you again for your review.
Dover, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was our first night stop on a cross country trip. Breakfast was excellent. Room was clean. The main complaint was that the people next door were smokers and smoked directly outside our room. I wouldn't complain typically but they smoked ALL night long --several times I woke up with an overwhelming nasty cigarette smell throughout our room. Our 2nd and 3rd night Best Western experience in other cities were much better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and the clean room. I am sorry for the smoke that came into your room. We are a smoke friendly hotel and do allow our guests to smoke. We try our very best to make sure all guests are happy and enjoy their stay with us. Anytime this happens please let the front desk know so we can come up with a solution that works for both you and them. I would like to thank you for still having faith in the Best Western Brand and continuing to stay with us. If you come through again on your way home we hope you stay with us.

Been to BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn? Share your experiences!