“It's Wyndham so expect the best !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
Colebrook, New Hampshire
“It's Wyndham so expect the best !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great nice hotel... Huge room... Fridge, microwave, huge Flat screen TV, very comfortable bed, great Internet... Very great breakfast and full equipped business center!!!

A must !!! So glad I got this hotel with Priceline...

• Stayed August 2012
gmwingatelex, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lexington, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review it is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The staff at the Wingate coud not have been more amenable to our needs when we had to book rooms for 20 and a meeting room with very little notice. The property was spotless and the rooms were wonderfully comfortable at the end of a long drive. Workout room is quite small but the pool/hot tub was excellent. This hotel is close to many dining choices and shopping if the need arises.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have views of the mountains, so each is very pretty. Noise is not an issue...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Moorefield, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We found this hotel by accident looking for a place to stay in Lexington. It is clean, friendly and the pool is well maintained. Easy access to the Safari Park and Natural bridge.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent just one night in Lexington. The hotel was in a good safe neighborhood. The room was large and clean.
We enjoyed riding around town after supper when there was no traffic. During the day traffic is a real problen. We visited the campus of VMI & Washington & Lee which ajoin each other. In the evening we were able to drive on the campus without any trouble. The Lee Chapel and musem is intersting and well done. Be sure to see Travelers' grave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I have been to Lexington many times and have stayed in bed and breakfasts as well as other hotels, but this is the first time we've stayed at the Wingate. It was just an overnight trip. Our experience was wonderful! We got an excellent AARP weekday rate...the check-in staff was friendly...our 3rd floor room was really nice - a large non-smoking room with a king size bed (very comfortable), sitting area with a chair for reading, desk, refrigerator, microwave, large screen TV. Clean and comfortable. The only thing that was not so great was the bathroom sink - there were many cracks in the bowl...could definitely use replacement (though it did not affect use, it was a bit unsightly). The breakfast was good - continental plus with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, as well as cereal, muffins, yogurt, fruit, etc. Good coffee. The reception area is very welcoming. Did not use the pool or fitness area, but it looked nice, though the chlorine smell was quite strong. That might affect some people. It was nice having a Ruby Tuesday's right next door within walking distance, which is where we had dinner after a long day of traveling (and not wanting to drive somewhere to eat). Overall, this hotel is a good value: basic amenities, friendly service, clean rooms, easy access to the highway (if that's important to you), quiet, comfortable. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

A combination of circumstances led a colleague to house our group at the Wingate instead of our normal hotel for our current installation trip and I am very glad that it worked out this way. I have stayed at Wingates before (most notably the Wingate on Shallowford road in Chattanooga, TN) and I have not yet been disappointed. The rooms are clean, comfortable and of decent size. They have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker, desk with both wired and wifi free internet. The beds are clean and very comfortable and the AC works like a champ. My only complaints are that the ice machine on my floor did not work, and when I reported it the next morning nothing was done about it so that it still was out of order when I returned from work that next day. I have made another report so we will see if it works tomorrow night. My only other complaint is that the breakfast spread, while very adequate and typical of this type of business hotel, used premade 'egg rounds' for the eggs and paper thin overcooked bacon. Everything else is fine and I would probably rate this as five stars if it weren't for those two items.

There is also an exercise room, pool and whirlpool which make this hotel good not only for working people on business trips but also families that may be in the area on vacation. I would not hesitate to stay here again and will most likely request my reservations be made here rather than the other place we usually stay. It would also recommend it to others who find themselves in the Lexington area for business or pleasure. They also gave my company a corporate rate, so they are flexible and like to work with business people.

One last perk is that the hotel is right next door to an awesome Ruby Tuesday's which I will review separately. So when you are tired from a day of work you don't have to look far for an excellent meal and a comfy bed. I hope this review helps someone out there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at this conveniently located hotel in Lexington, VA. The staff was wonderful, from the front desk, to the friendly room cleaning staff. Close to interstate, Va Horse Park and downtown. Beautiful view from the rooms, nice pool, and nice warm breakfast. Highly recommend. We liked it so much, we are returning this week for another visit to Lexington, and are hoping that we can have a similar experience if we can get an additional room! Hoping for a cancellation by someone. Maybe I should have written a bad review so that we can get to stay there again. But I honestly loved our stay here. My one and only wish was that they had adjoining rooms when traveling with a large family.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an even better view, especially those out the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lexington? Share your experiences!