“Decent place to hang your hat for a night” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Lexington
New York City, New York
“Decent place to hang your hat for a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed at the Country Inn in Lexington one evening while traveling for work. The front desk staff were friendly, and I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. The workout facilities far exceeded my expectations given that the hotel is probably frequented by people making a stop on a road trip rather than business travelers.

The biggest downsides were that the internet connection was spotty and kept cutting out. I also discovered a bit of mold above our shower that I unhappily noticed after I showered.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hopton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stopped at this hotel while driving home from Tennessee to New York. We had just stayed at two other Country Inns and Suites in the last week and this one did not measure up to the other two in Tennessee. The room and furniture was dated and the bed was not very comfortable. The included breakfast was really bad and we couldn't eat it. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nags Head, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel has definite housekeeping issues!! The bathroom wasn't very clean when we arrived. I just assumed that would be remedied the next day...boy was I wrong!! The housekeeping staff never cleaned our room at all the next day!! Even after stalking the outside of room. We left the room around 9:30 when we returned at noon for a quick change, the bed had not been made and it was evident that housekeeping had not come into the room. I called the front desk. When arrived back around 9pm...the room had still not been cleaned and I was told by the front desk that "housekeeping had already left" when I called at noon. It was evident that she didn't care!! There were no apologies. The next morning, housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:30 a.m totally disregarding the DO NOT DISTURB sign!! The front desk is rude and doesn't seem to care about their customers. We WILL NOT stay in this hotel again!! I should have checked trip advisor...seems we weren't the only customers with a bad experience!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
cx_lxva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed there for a wedding and it is in a pretty area. Overall, we had no complaints. The room was clean, service was friendly, and breakfast was okay. I'm not a huge fan of the chain personally, but there isn't a particular reason for this more than taste.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
charlotte, nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Last weekend my husband and I stayed at the Country Inns and Suites in Lexington, Va. It was by far the worse experience we have ever had at a hotel.

First of all we couldn’t find our room – it was down a dark, small hallway behind the elevator. When we walked in we couldn’t believe the room. It was as small as a closet! I immediately called the front desk and was told we had the cheapest room in the hotel. We were never told we were getting the cheapest room. At $129.60 with discount plus tax we didn’t think it was very cheap. We never asked for the cheapest room -- only for a room with one Queen bed because that was all that we required.. We asked to be moved and were told the hotel was completely booked. We checked in right at 3:00 p.m. – not late in the evening.

We were very uncomfortable in the room. The room was in the front of the building behind the elevator in the space occupied by the vending machine on other floors. The air conditioner was very noisy, it was right next to the bed. My husband and I couldn’t walk in the room at the same time.

When we checked out I told the people at the front desk that we were very unhappy and we would not be returning. Fortunately we had only planned to stay one night!!! I told them our thoughts and they said I didn’t book the room until July 25th and they were booked. However, I booked another room on Aug. 8th for a friend that was traveling with us. She got a lovely, large room with 2 beds. We would have been happy to pay the additional $20.00 for a decent night’s sleep. The girl at the front desk told me they very rarely rent out the room we had – why did they rent it to us? They should have at least told us about the room and given us a choice.

I am a long time Club Carlson member and wanted to use points for this trip. The person I talked to on the phone said it would cost 38,000 points because it was a Category 4 hotel and she wouldn’t suggest I do that. I don’t have that many points and they would only bring the price down a few dollars.

We have always been pleased with Country Inns and Suites but this made a very happy occasion we were attending in Lexington not so happy.

Room Tip: Don't accept an Economy Room -- it's like sleeping in the closet. Rooms in the front are ve...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
cx_lxva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This motel was clean,, had a nice hot breakfast, an indoor pool, was close to restaurants and Lexington. The staff were friendly and had a lending library of books that can be returned to any Country Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, nice and large room, complimentary services available such as breakfast and parking.
Very convenient place to stay if you are on a road trip. Furthermore, the old town of Lexington is only 3 minutes drive from the hotel: just perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington? Share your experiences!