“Adequate for one night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Adequate for one night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed there for a wedding and it is in a pretty area. Overall, we had no complaints. The room was clean, service was friendly, and breakfast was okay. I'm not a huge fan of the chain personally, but there isn't a particular reason for this more than taste.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
charlotte, nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Last weekend my husband and I stayed at the Country Inns and Suites in Lexington, Va. It was by far the worse experience we have ever had at a hotel.

First of all we couldn’t find our room – it was down a dark, small hallway behind the elevator. When we walked in we couldn’t believe the room. It was as small as a closet! I immediately called the front desk and was told we had the cheapest room in the hotel. We were never told we were getting the cheapest room. At $129.60 with discount plus tax we didn’t think it was very cheap. We never asked for the cheapest room -- only for a room with one Queen bed because that was all that we required.. We asked to be moved and were told the hotel was completely booked. We checked in right at 3:00 p.m. – not late in the evening.

We were very uncomfortable in the room. The room was in the front of the building behind the elevator in the space occupied by the vending machine on other floors. The air conditioner was very noisy, it was right next to the bed. My husband and I couldn’t walk in the room at the same time.

When we checked out I told the people at the front desk that we were very unhappy and we would not be returning. Fortunately we had only planned to stay one night!!! I told them our thoughts and they said I didn’t book the room until July 25th and they were booked. However, I booked another room on Aug. 8th for a friend that was traveling with us. She got a lovely, large room with 2 beds. We would have been happy to pay the additional $20.00 for a decent night’s sleep. The girl at the front desk told me they very rarely rent out the room we had – why did they rent it to us? They should have at least told us about the room and given us a choice.

I am a long time Club Carlson member and wanted to use points for this trip. The person I talked to on the phone said it would cost 38,000 points because it was a Category 4 hotel and she wouldn’t suggest I do that. I don’t have that many points and they would only bring the price down a few dollars.

We have always been pleased with Country Inns and Suites but this made a very happy occasion we were attending in Lexington not so happy.

Room Tip: Don't accept an Economy Room -- it's like sleeping in the closet. Rooms in the front are ve...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
cx_lxva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This motel was clean,, had a nice hot breakfast, an indoor pool, was close to restaurants and Lexington. The staff were friendly and had a lending library of books that can be returned to any Country Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, nice and large room, complimentary services available such as breakfast and parking.
Very convenient place to stay if you are on a road trip. Furthermore, the old town of Lexington is only 3 minutes drive from the hotel: just perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is located along Lee Hwy with easy access to downtown Lexington. The hotel features free Wi-Fi and a complimentary breakfast. The hotel staff is friendly, and eager to help out-of-towners. Given the price of a room with two queen beds, I would rate the hotel only "average". However, the friendly and helpful staff puts this hotel above others of similar quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the main road for a quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Hood, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is overpriced. This was our 4th hotel in a week and not only did it cost the most ($170 with discount, $187 total) but it was also the most run down. I have stayed at a number of Country Inn and Suites and had wonderful experiences. So, I chose this hotel over a couple of others because I expected the same high quality I had received at the other Country Inn and Suites and after a long day of travel I looked forward to unpacking and letting the kids take a dip in the pool. I was disappointed. The light in the hotel room was dim, but I could still see the stains on the floor and the couch. The pool was cold and cloudy. My kids were thrilled to find surprise toys at the bottom, but quickly lost them and they could not find them through the cloudiness. The pool was only 4 feet deep. The water in the hot tub was hot, but the pool floor and area around the hot tub seemed dated and did not have a clean feel. This was only made worse when I went to put on my cover up and a large beetle was sitting on top of it. There were also no pool towels available, luckily another guest noticed this since we were already in the pool when we realized the towels were all dirty. On a good note, the staff was friendly and the lady at the front desk was very nice. The bathroom in the hotel room seemed clean, the bed was comfortable and the work out area was nice. Breakfast was average at best. My husband is in the military and we travel frequently. When I pay $170 +tax for a room (again this was a discounted price) I expect a lot more than what we received. My advice would be to stop at one of the motels along the way. You will get the same quality of service for half the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
cx_lxva, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently reserved a block of rooms here for a group of military personnel for two nights while coordinating training nearby. The sales manager was accommodating and the staff was courteous and tolerant of our last-minute changes. The breakfast area was rather small and could potentially get a little crowded if the hotel was booked to capacity. The hotel was easily accessible, situated near Interstate 81 but only a couple of minutes driving distance to downtown Lexington. There are a couple of options for dining either next door or across the street (Subway, Dairy Queen, Applebees).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington? Share your experiences!