“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a great place for what it is. It's not a 4 star luxury hotel, but it was nice. Mention the travel brochures and get discounts!

Standard hotel. The hotel was very clean. Our room had microwave and fridge. Decent bed. And the breakfast was surprisingly good (eggs, sausage, waffles, gravy, cereal).

A little loud since you are next to the main road, but it wasn't horrible.

So grading on a curve, this place was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cx_lxva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your positive response. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to the area!

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bealeton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed one day at this hotel 1/12/13

1. First room we were in 218 - we brought our bags in the room and my son killed 7-8 stink bugs, after we returned the bags to the front desk area we returned to kill 3-4 more. Wife insisted we move rooms so we went to room 212.

2. We tried to connect to their internet no passwords you only have to accept their "terms" with two seperate laptops and my Droid X2 we couldn't connect. We would get the banner saying we could now connect to the internet and a counter of how many minutes we were connected - yet we could not get from the google.com page to gmail or anywhere else. Girl at front desk said she could and tried several things - still nothing. Then she gave me their 800 tech support where we wasted more than an hour with the same results. We gave up...( I spend more than 70% of my time traveling for my job so I'm always in hotels and I've NEVER had the issues we had connecting)

3. Next morning my son and I got up at 5am went fishing - came back and my wife was furious - she woke up with a stink bug in the bed and another two on the wall above the bed!!!

4. Breakfast was ok.

5. Great location near everything and there is a 7-11 literally right next door with an awesome beer selection!!

6. Easy on/off the Interstate I-64 (I-81 a mile of so down the road after you get on I-64 east)

Rating the value, cleanliness & sleep quality as poor because if you can't sleep because of all the stinkbugs and I answer correspondence for work and like to check my email and if I can't do that in my room....

Would we stay again? NO there are too many other hotels close by - I'd try them first with all the stink bugs in this place and the internet issues. No thanks.

Room Tip: Bring some RAID to deal with the stink bugs - unless they don't bother you and HOUND the hotel s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for the less than satisfactory conditions you encountered during your stay. We are working to improve our operations and your feed back is greatly appreciated.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Used this hotel for a one night stay. Room was very clean and comfortable. Liked having a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot in room. The breakfast featured eggs, sausage, waffles and more. Used coupon in travel brochure to get a good rate.

• Stayed December 2012
Middletown, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Again we had another late check in-early check out during our trip. Great place. Very clean. Nice lobby sitting area to surf the web. We didn't have breakfast there. Went to the Natural Bridge Hotel a few miles south to have breakfast and enjoy the venue there.

Nice, clean place to stay. No complaints. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Well appointed and comfortable this Country Inn is close by VMI and the old town/downtown area. Very inviting entrance with bright pine staircase convenient to second floor. Free breakfast buffet in a very comfortable and spacious dining area. Selection meets any taste and the biscuits and gravy tasty. Personal are friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub a refreshing spot to refresh after a long day or long trip. Suggest you request a room on the backside of the facility to eliminate "road noise" from Route 11. Subway sandwich shop and Applebee's Neighborhood Grill within walking distance. Can be pricey on event weekends . . . reserve early!

Room Tip: Request room on backside away from road noise/traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We only stayed over night. Had a suite which was nice because we had our adult daughter with us and she slept on the sofa sleeper and we had our own room. Breakfast was good. My only complaint was with the bath room the shower curtain sagged which made the curtain not close properly and the toilet was wobbly. I told the front desk when I checked out. Hopefully they will fix the problems.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
charleston,WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here many times when visiting Lexington. Suites are fine, the place is very clean and breakfasts are good. The staff is polite and helpful as well.One of the best family resturants i have ever ate in is just across the road...the Redwood Resturant. home cookin' and great desserts This Country Inn is.just a good place to stay, right off of the Interstate..

Room Tip: The suites are on the top floor and very well laid out.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington? Share your experiences!