“Worth a Second Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Enfield House B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Enfield House B & B
401 Enfield Road, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Lexington B&B and Inns
ohio
“Worth a Second Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Last Labor Day weekend we stayed here for the first time. This year we returned, again to spend time with our son, who is attending school here. We had a different room. It was smaller than last year, but very comfortable. The house must be very well constructed. All rooms were full and small children were in the room next to us and we didn't hear a thing!

Like last year, Becky was wonderful - so friendly and welcoming. Both times we've been there we have felt totally comfortable. And breakfast was amazing. This is one of the few places I've stayed where breakfast is absolutely delicious AND healthy. She grinds her own whole grain flour and makes waffles and bread from scratch. And portions are abundant! I feel that this b&b is comfortable, welcoming, and a great, great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our stay at the Enfield House was amazing. Becki is the sweetest owner,she asks you every night what you'd like to eat the next day and she introduced us to her Dad who was able to speak German with us since we were visiting from Germany. It was a great experience to meet him.
Becki's House felt like home, so that we decided after 2 days to stay another day :)
Thanks for having us Becki and good luck with your B&B :)

Lutz, Andrea and Lisa

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vinton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I love B&B's so before I booked the one night stay at Enfield House I read reviews, reviews is what I do so no surprise there. This will be the shortest review I have done thus far that isn't negative. The Enfield House has everything I look for when traveling with family which includes my bichon. Oh what a night we had, absolutely loved it! Tell Becky Clarke your itinerary and enjoy your stay even more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

After reading the other reviews, we booked a stay here. Beck is awesome, no doubt, and a great cook. The home is immaculate yet there is only a window air conditioner in the bedrooms. There is a room for watching movies yet no air conditioning. The bathroom is across the hall and not air conditioned which was uncomfortable for my husband. It needs some updating but was clean. Our room was very spacious and clean. Pets are allowed. The fresh made-to-order breakfast was great and the portions were generous. The location is peaceful and close to downtown. Cows are out in the back pasture and you can sit and watch the sunset from chairs that are strategically placed in the backyard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Last autumn while in Lexington, Virginia for Washington and Lee's Parents Weekend, we stopped by to tour Enfield House and meet her hostess, Becky Clarke as we had booked there for a visit in late spring. This B&B is warm and inviting, and Becky even makes her own bread, after first grinding the flour! I eagerly anticipate her hospitality, her famous breakfast made with the local harvest and the unbelievable valley view from her serene backyard! I know my shutterbug husband will snap away as I sip freshly ground local roasted coffee from my perch on a comfy Adirondack chair! I will tell you more after our visit.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We have a daughter who was an undergrad at W&L, so my husband and I have stayed many times over the past years at Enfield House. This is an immaculately kept historic home about a mile from the heart of the town of Lexington. The spacious grounds are beautifully manicured; there is a lovely gazebo. You feel at home immediately! It seems as though you are in the country when staying there and time seems to slow, especially while watching the sunset over the mountains in the B&B’s Adirondack chairs in the huge yard.

Innkeeper Becky is warmly welcoming and her cooking is amazing - always fresh, organic and straight from the garden in season. She is a baker who grinds her own flour and makes many types of fresh bread. I have begged loaves from her and she has been kind enough to share some occasionally for me to take home to the family. She is now famous in our family for her “Becky Bread” which the entire family loves. The breakfast is made to order and always leaves you ready for adventures in Virginia wine country or to watch a game at the college. The linens are top notch and the beds are comfortable and fresh. Once, for parents weekend I ended up in bed all day with a day-long fever and Becky was quite kind and solicitous to me while I was recuperating (- quite above & beyond the call of duty).
My daughter has now graduated, but we still plan go down to stay with Becky and enjoy her brand of Southern hospitality In short, we recommend this wonderful B&B wholeheartedly!

Room Tip: We loved the white room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Houson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We had to find a place quick for the coveted hotel space during Parent's Weekend and we wanted a B & B. Enfield Place came up and it looked perfect for us. Laid back and comfortable! Not only is the location perfect, but Becky, the owner goes over and above to make your stay great as well.

Enfield House is situated on a little hill overlooking the town. Every morning I had coffee in the gliders with the local wildlife...including deer in the fields. Breakfast was "over the top" delicious. Becky is very eager to please and make your stay wonderful. After long days and nights catering to our children (which we love to do, but can be exhausting), we were able to crawl into comfortable warm beds and get a great night sleep.

The weather on that particular weekend took a turn for the "cold", as in snow.....and being from Houston, we were not exactly prepared. Becky, to the rescue again, made sure we had all that we needed to brave the weather.
Thanks Becky and see you next year! We have already booked Parent's Weekend 2012.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Enfield House B & B? Share your experiences!