“We will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 502 South Main

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
502 South Main
502 S Main St, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Lexington B&B and Inns
Norfolk, Virginia
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This is a great bed and breakfast! We arrived later than anticipated and were still greeted with smiles by Mary and Russ. Breakfast was fabulous both mornings, a three course breakfast. The inn keepers were very friendly and pointed out the area attractions and other places to eat. Our room was immaculate! We will be going back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the South room. It was awesome!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
South Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Can't say enough good things! This Bed & Breakfast was immaculate, beautiful, & very clean! We stayed in the king suite - bed & pillows extremely comfortable, loved the claw foot tub & large shower..t.v. with DVD player was nice to have in room..breakfast was delicious..owners extremely friendly & go out of their way to make your stay just perfect..quite house on corner- able to walk to all historic attractions...Fridge in room stocked with sodas & snacks..fresh homemade cookies out every evening..fruit in your room in morning..even fresh roses in room! FREE parking & the fact that no pets allowed in this place was added bonus...You will not be disappointed here! Can't wait to go back!! Price is a little high, but it was worth every dime!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room on the end with the king size poster bed- it was a huge room and very quite! P...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I came to Lexington for a week-long event at W&L University, and my husband joined me at the end of the week. First of all, I will say that Mary Stuart was extremely accommodating during the reservation process, and answered my every question! When I arrived, she and her husband Russ had the room ready, were quick to ask if I needed ANYthing, and were as delightful as could be. The room was quiet, comfortable, with lovely decor. Fresh coffee was available at any time, and there was a little fridge stocked with drinks and snacks in the room. The entire B&B was recently renovated, and it is stunning--the ambiance is just lovely.

The bath is large with all renovated fixtures. The bed was very comfy with fluffy pillows. You can adjust the thermostat in your room, which is nice.

Mary Stuart is a culinary school-trained gourmet chef who made the finest breakfasts I have ever had--truly! Everything was homemade and delicious, and all served in perfectly royal style in the dining room, on lovely china and crystal. The hosts made every possible accommodation to particular needs I might have.

I may be forgetting something, but all in all, this was a totally delightful experience!

GO! You will love the Inn and the people who own it!

--Teresa and Steve

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I treated ourselves to this lovely B&B. The room was immaculately clean, the gourmet breakfast was excellent and the location was conveniently located within walking distance to downtown restaurants. Thank you Russ and Mary Stuart for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011 via mobile

What a gem of a BnB. I stayed here at least 3 days more than planned. The owners/inn keepers are an absolutely beautiful couple dedicated to creating a special place in historic Lexington, VA. The breakfast was superb with a more than adequate offering. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. My favorite activities here were hanging out on the front porch swing and strolling through the historic landmarks such as Stonewall Jacksons burial site or the museums at Washington and Lee University. VMI is also a short walk from the BnB and I must say a picturesque campus. Lots of small shops ands cafes are just down the hill. All together one of my favorite inns.

• Stayed July 2011
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed at 502 South Main, in the King Suite, for a family reunion. The service was impecable and the hostess, Mary Stuart Harlow, was very accommodating. We found the 3-course breakfast wonderful in taste and presentation, and the atmostphere in the historic home so relaxing! I needed gluten-free food and she accomodated my needs. Our other family members even came over and sat on the front porch with us for a couple of hours! I will stay here in the future!

Room Tip: If you have special needs, just ask, I am sure they will try to accomodate you!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to 502 South Main? Share your experiences!