“All you could ask for!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A B&B at Riders Rest

A B&B at Riders Rest
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
A B&B at Riders Rest
Save Saved
You added A B&B at Riders Rest to your Saves list
225 Alphin Lane, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Lexington B&B and Inns
Bloomfield, Connecticut
“All you could ask for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Hospitality abounds at this B&B. Genial and thoughtful host extremely helpful in finding where to eat, what to do, follow his recommendations and you will have a wonderful time. Room gracious, generous, and comfortable, breakfast delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone, and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the house!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Buckhannon, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The bicycling in the area countryside was great! A good location to ride from and downtown Lexington has fabulous shops and restaurants. Bernie worked to meet our large group demands and the breakfasts were delicious with several choices. I really enjoyed doing my needlework on the porch after a hard day of riding.

Room Tip: The Kingfisher was great!!
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The "FROGS", a group of 14 woman stayed with Bernie at his B&B, in which was truly a wonderful place to rest after spending 3 beautiful days of cycling! I feel Bernie went out of his way to accommodate all of us and made it easy to relax and enjoy every minute of our stay! The B&B was clean and peaceful and Bernie made a great breakfast each morning! Thank you Bernie, Marsha B

Washington, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Bernie was wonderfully accommodating to our party of 14 women. He fed us a delicious breakfast each morning so we would be fueled up for the ride! The B&B was clean, quiet and spacious. We rode our bicycles from the B&B for 3 days. Beautiful countryside and natural wonders created an ideal environment for riding. Thanks Bernie!!

Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

12 ladies from various parts of West Virginia and two from North Dakota planned a bicycling trip to Lexington and stayed with Bernie for three nights and four days of cycling. Bernie was a most gracious host and went out of his way to accomodate our large group. The house and cape cod were clean and the food was great. We enjoyed his front porch and lawn. The surrounding area was wonderful for cycling. Judy B

Hellertown, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

**I have no affiliation with this B&B or the owner**
I am traveling on a great adventure through the South, with possible relocation to VA. I usually stay at hotels since I am a single female and tend to prefer the amenities they provide. Similar to another reviewer, I too came up wanting as I viewed the hotel options in Lexington, especially since I travel with a golden retriever. So... based on the reviews here, I booked a week at this B&B and I am unequivocally glad that I did. The owner - Bernie - was wonderfully gracious in a nice, low key way - with a definite sense of humor. From the moment I arrived I was treated as a welcome guest. I'd just come from a highly rated hotel Alexandria - where the services were great, but the bed left my back in need of stretching every day. I took a nap the moment I arrived here and was pleasantly surprised to find that my back felt better. The genteel ambience of the grounds was very soothing, to the point where I had to coax my dog into the car every day just to go exploring. All of the breakfasts were wonderful - especially the pancakes and the breakfast casserole. Bernie changes breakfasts each morning - nice touch.
The house is impeccably clean and I appreciated that each room has its own bathroom. I stayed in the Cardinal room which also had a little porch addition - great for reading/using my laptop. If you like architecture, you'll enjoy all of the nice touches throughout the home; if you stay here, ask Bernie if you can look at the other rooms. Bernie was always available for any needs in a very unobtrusive way. I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: The pictures on the website accurately reflect the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Tryon, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I had a relaxing stay at Riders Rest. Bernie was gracious and welcoming. The room was special and clean and priced right. We especially liked the atmosphere, the hearth fire, books, and decorative touches everywhere. It was personal. We will definitely rebook the next time we pass that way.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to A B&B at Riders Rest? Share your experiences!