“Waffles and WiFi” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
South Central PA
“Waffles and WiFi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

First time in area, not sure what to expect. Hampton was $200, Wingate $140 - no thanks.
Furniture is dated but rooms were clean. There's a thing or two, here and there, which needs to be fixed. But, the rooms and hallways were clean, hallways were a/c'd, awesome views from balcony. All staff very friendly. Strong wifi signal, throughout.
I travel, alot. There was nothing here that would keep me from not returning - unless Hampton dropped to $85.
Very nice breakfast bar - with waffles. Nice pool area if travelling with kids. Lexington is 7 minutes down the road.

Room Tip: Ask for 'mountain' side for awesome sunsets.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

This motel is about 6 miles from downtown Lexington so no walking. OK if you are interested in an interstate night but don't need to see the historic town. The staff was very friendly and the views are quite pleasant.

The room was dated HOJO, lumpy beds and pillows, etc. Each room has a balcony with sliding glass door, cheap locks, and a sticker warning "Please lock balcony door at night". Not my idea of a restful night even in Lexington.

They do a good job with what they have but I will stay at a newer property next time. I do not feel that safe on the outskirts of town.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

First off, we had a coupon for $50.00 on a Thursday. We traveled from Alabama and it was very late when we arrived. The guy at the desk told my husband that they didn't have any rooms available left at that rate. Being so late and we were so tired we just took the $90.00 room. We were going to wake up at 6am the next morning and drive to our next destination..Well at 5:15am I woke up and felt something on my face. I tried to brush it off, well whatever was on my face, had legs and a hard shell and I had to slap it off of me. It totally freaked me out. There was no way that I could lay back down. I've stayed in many hotels before, however, I have NEVER had a bug crawl on my face. YUCK! I would never stay at the place again!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I look for price and cleanliness when I stay somewhere, both of these were on point at this hotel. It is an older complex, but the room was clean and staff was nice. Breakfast wasn't bad either. There are sliding doors to the outside balcony in each room...I wasn't completely happy with that being on the ground floor but the locks all worked fine and it was well lit outside so I didn't let it bother me too much.

Summary: Overall a good nights sleep for a decent price. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't like the idea of the sliding doors on the first floor, just ask for second or third...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This older hotel is well of the busy road, so traffic noise in minimal, but the trucks and motorcycles belonging to the guests can be a problem at times. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and able to accommodate most requests. The rooms are large enough, but very out of date, with tired, worn furnishings and bedding. That being said, it was as clean as you can get old carpeting and fixtures. There could have been more places to plug in electronics, but the rooms were designed and furnished before people carried all those things with them when traveling.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We chose this hotel because we could bring our dog. The hotel is feeling its age but it is well cared for. Our room was very large and comfortable. Although it is older, it is clean and the staff was very helpful. We were comfortable having a dog as the hotel is on top of a hill and very rural. The dog had plenty of room to run. The pool was very nice and I had it all to myself. Breakfast wasn't anything special, but nice. The location is very isolated so don't expect to walk to stores or pretty much anything else. It is a great place to stay if you want peace and quiet.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a dog, there is a $13 fee. Be sure to tell them you have a pet so they wil...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!