“Clean.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I look for price and cleanliness when I stay somewhere, both of these were on point at this hotel. It is an older complex, but the room was clean and staff was nice. Breakfast wasn't bad either. There are sliding doors to the outside balcony in each room...I wasn't completely happy with that being on the ground floor but the locks all worked fine and it was well lit outside so I didn't let it bother me too much.

Summary: Overall a good nights sleep for a decent price. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't like the idea of the sliding doors on the first floor, just ask for second or third...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This older hotel is well of the busy road, so traffic noise in minimal, but the trucks and motorcycles belonging to the guests can be a problem at times. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and able to accommodate most requests. The rooms are large enough, but very out of date, with tired, worn furnishings and bedding. That being said, it was as clean as you can get old carpeting and fixtures. There could have been more places to plug in electronics, but the rooms were designed and furnished before people carried all those things with them when traveling.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We chose this hotel because we could bring our dog. The hotel is feeling its age but it is well cared for. Our room was very large and comfortable. Although it is older, it is clean and the staff was very helpful. We were comfortable having a dog as the hotel is on top of a hill and very rural. The dog had plenty of room to run. The pool was very nice and I had it all to myself. Breakfast wasn't anything special, but nice. The location is very isolated so don't expect to walk to stores or pretty much anything else. It is a great place to stay if you want peace and quiet.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a dog, there is a $13 fee. Be sure to tell them you have a pet so they wil...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I don't know why everyone was giving such a low rating. The room was extremely clean and quite. There were no offensive odors. I especially loved having a walk-in shower! Ok, so the furniture was not modern, big deal! The breakfast was great! Fresh, hot, make them yourself waffles! Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable and, most of all, very friendly. When I make another trip, back up north, I will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Lexington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel in Lexington Virginia. We were there on vacation and it was located near where we wanted to site see.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Buckingham, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is one of the worst places I have seen. Should have known when we pulled up and did not see but a few cars. The hotel did not look anything like the photos shown on line. Checked in and was not impressed the smell was awful. we had a room on the 5th floor. The elevator was nasty, We got off the elevator and that floor smelled worse than the other. We asked for non smoking and everything smell of smoke and god only know what. We open the door to the room and it is very musty, and smell of smoke. sign says non-smoking. That is just the beginning
I DO NOT THINK THEY HAVE CLEANING PEOPLE....... Everything is outdated. Stains are on everything.. First thing I checked for was bed bugs, Thankfully non were found.The carpet has not been cleaned, vacuumed. then went to turn on the air since is was about 90 in there and the ac/heater had so much mold, lent, mildew, dust, combo that I touched it and has to run wash my hands, that is when I discovered that the soap in the bathroom had been left in there from before. The microware still had food in it. The sliding doors to what they called a balcony was dirty and the track for of bugs. Thank goodness we had not taken out belonging in with us. I turned around and checked right back out.. There is no way anyone should stay or want to stay at a place like that. On a Positive note the desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!