“Over nighter” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2836 N. Lee Highway, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Lexington

516 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Albany, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Everything you read in the other reviews is generally true. The rooms are a bit tired, but clean. The staff at the front desk were all attentive. There was a bit of a funky smell in the hallways when we visited, but not in the room. But, when you consider the free breakfast, the $60 price is a bargain. If you're looking for a place to sleep at a good price, this is the place. Just don't expect luxury.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
American Fork, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I made reservations for 3 nights at this hotel based on traveler's previous reviews on Trip advisor. I do not consider myself to be a picky traveler but this hotel was one I would not stay in again. The room had wallpaper falling off the walls, the elevator floor was dirty and had food spilled all over it for 3 days (never was cleaned at all). I wore socks in the room as I didn't want to walk on the carpet and if I had not already prepaid, I would have left as there were many other choices in the town. I asked the front desk about historic sites and the teenage girl handed me a city map and said, "Sorry, I don't do history". Do not recommend this to anyone. The breakfast was okay but not much more than a continental.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

WORST HOTEL EVER! Made a reservation for a NON SMOKING room and was told when I checked in that they were "unable to accommodate" my non smoking room stay and placed me in a smoking room. I am SEVERELY allergic to smoke so I advised the staff that I could not stay in a room that was smoking. She stated, "I am sorry, we cannot accommodate your reservation." So I HAD to leave. I was charged for the stay when I NEVER STAYED THERE BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT ACCOMMODATE MY RESERVATION! WHAT WAS THE POINT IN MAKING A RESERVATION IF THEY DON'T OBEY IT?! DO. NOT. EVER. STAY. HERE!

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Hampton Inn!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Lexington

Address: 2836 N. Lee Highway, Lexington, VA 24450
Location: United States > Virginia > Lexington
Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Lexington 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Lexington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Lexington
Howard Johnson Lexington
Lexington Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Lexington, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.