“We left early and will not be back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Maple Hall

Maple Hall
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lexington
Maple Hall
3111 N. Lee Hwy. (U.S. 11), Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Glenville, North Carolina
“We left early and will not be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We had a reservation for two nights, and left after the first night. In spite of what their website says, there is NO resturant, and no lounge. The room in which we stayed had not been maintained well. There was pleanty of room, but it was just not functional. The A/C made noise all night sounding like a dish washer (my wife's description). My wife said that the room was not cleaned well enough. Security was lacking, since the front desk was vacant from 8 PM until the next morning about 7 AM.
Sorry, we'll not return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

In spite of the other negative reviews, I loved this place! Was only able to stay one night, but I want to go back soon and stay several nights. True, it's next to the noisy Route 81, but I pretended it was the roar of Civil War guns (I know, it's a stretch). Still my room was very charming with a big bed. Yes, the bath was small, but I didn't need anything large and fancy. I didn't care about having a remote for the TV - I was there to step back into the past, not watch TV. I did not eat any of the food, so I can't say whether it was good or not. The pool could have stood some cleaning, but I just sat on the side and dangled my feet in the water. What made up for any drawbacks were the beautiful rolling hills all around and other breathtaking scenery. The house seems to be in a state of arrested deterioration, but by no means is it a dump. Nor was it pristine perfect. But it was just right for me.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

It's true that what looks lovely on the web is a little deceiving - Maple Hall is right next to a freeway and a busy highway. However, once you're in your room, the noise isn't a problem - although it is disappointing not to be able to relax outside. The real problem I had with Maple Hall is that it needs a deep cleaning!! Linens and carpets are OK - but good grief, the breakfast chairs are full of cobwebs, the bathroom door looked like it had never been cleaned and the front porch - the entry way! - hadn't been swept or mopped for weeks!! Maple Hall feels like it is on its last legs. Wouldn't recommend it (although the care taker was quite pleasant and helpful.)

Stayed October 2007
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2005

My husband and I reserved a room for one night at Maple Hall expecting a "grand" country inn, instead we found a dilapidated and noisy old home with very little charm. The hotel is right off interstate 81 and route 11, so it was very noisy all day and night. There is not much at all to the rooms, other than that they are quite large. The televisions have no remote, no cable. The bathrooms are very cramped even for 2 people. The grounds were unkempt. At the time we stayed, the room had bugs in it. When we complained to the staff and asked to be transferred to one of the more modern buildings, they refused an upgrade (despite the fact that we were the only guests in the hotel that night!). Unwilling to pay any more money at the facility, we hastily left early. This hotel is appropriate for history buffs who only require something "historic." The size of the building is impressive, but that's about it. If you are looking for a cozy, pampered B&B feel, look elsewhere. We truly regret having stayed here.

• Stayed April 2002
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2004

If you're looking for an old, southern rustic historic home to stay in, this is it. It's not a modern hotel, by any stretch, but it has that grand old (pre-civil war old) charm.

There is a more modern outbuiilding that might be more like what you'd expect from a higher-end chain, but we did not stay in that.

We stayed in the main house and had a massive room with an equally massive bed. The bathroom was tiny, but servicable. The staff was not really seen while we were there - but we had no needs.

We did have dinner there in the glass porch. It was absolutely delicious. It's not exactly modern service, but the waiter we had was extremely friendly and, as I said, the food was exceptional.

We would definately recommend a stay here, though it's not for those who love mini-bars and nintendo in your room.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2003

We stayed here in July, 2003. It is right on I-81! so is not exactly peaceful. Lovely verandas with rocking chairs, but can hardly hear yourself think with the semi trucks roaring by. Room was nice enough - excellent bed. Shower was only a dribble. Pool was disgustingly dirty.
Breakfast is continental. First 3 cereal bowls I picked up were dirty.
Dinner was pretty good - although I ordered halibut and got swordfish.
I complained when checking out which we did after 1 night - planned to stay two. They thought the shower had been fixed. Gave me $50 off the first night and full refund for second.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2003

We live only about 20 miles north of Maple Hall, and go there often for a special meal in their elegant dining room. The food is sumptuous, the rooms are exquisite, and so is the view.

Been to Maple Hall? Share your experiences!