“Warm and welcoming Lexington, VA inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abigail Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Abigail Inn
You added Abigail Inn to your Saves list
408 South Main Street, Lexington, VA 24450 (Formerly Inn at Lexington)   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Lexington B&B and Inns
Reston, Virginia
“Warm and welcoming Lexington, VA inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My stay at the Abigail Inn was absolutely delightful!! Nicely decorated common rooms and the veranda provided comfortable places to read and have conversation. A very comfy bed in the beautiful and spacious Lee room made for two nights of peaceful rest for me. Immaculate. Perfect location... within easy walking distance of the historical downtown area. Such a relaxing getaway for me! But what truly made the Abigail Inn warm and welcoming were Innkeepers extraordinaire, Scott and Karen! They made me feel like family... warmly welcomed and cared for. Their attention to detail... from the homemade cookies on the hallway table to their on-target recommendations of restaurants and wineries... just added to the positive experience of staying at the Abigail Inn. And last, but definitely not least... the breakfasts. As one reviewer described the amazing breakfast, "(it was worth the experience alone.)"! I couldn't agree more! The breakfasts Karen prepared, as well as their presentation, were excellent and will keep this guest looking forward to my next stay at the Abigail Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Recently traveling thru Virginia, we found the Abigail Inn. Words cannot describe the beauty of the Inn and the grounds as well as the perfect Inn Keepers who welcomed us at a late hour of the night. Our room, the Washington, was perfectly decorated and comfy - a restful and relaxing night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was hosted by the owner and cannot describe the delicious and hearty breakfast we had. A definite Inn to stay at!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Evanston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place was awesome - a very peaceful and relaxing place, comfortable and uniquely decorated. They have a great hot tub, the breakfast was amazing (it was worth the experience alone), and the innkeepers treated us like family. Everything about this place is warm and friendly. We walked right out the front door and down Main Street to see Jackson's burial site, VMI and locals shops. Scenic views, and a walking nice trail by a creek a block away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our four night stay in Lexington was made perfect by Abigail Inn. Innkeepers Karen and Scott happily attended to our every needs and made sure our stay was delightful. Slept like a log on the dream mattresses. Easy walk to downtown and perfect location. Nice amenities and delicious breakfasts!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The accommodations were so comfortable with highest quality personal amenities. I can't imagine nicer innkeepers or management staff. The decor fits in perfectly with Lexington, and the breakfast was substantial and perfectly prepared. We were recommending this Inn to people within 2 hours of our departure to folks on their way to Lexington. The Stonewall Jackson Cemetery is an easy few blocks towards the town center and everything is within walking distance W&L, VMI, Chapel at W&L where Lee is buried and his horse Traveler outside the chapel...a very beautiful town and Inn. Try to stay more than one night. We wish we could have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I gave my hubby two nights in a B&B of his choice for Christmas--but we weren't able to take advantage of my gift until a trip to Virginia this July. We'd heard about The Abigail Inn from friends, so decided to make this IT. Whoa! Everything we could have hoped for in a B&B--and more! The Inn itself is beautiful and elegant, each bedroom with private bath named and decorated to honor a notable American. We stayed in the Marshall Room and felt like we were sleeping on a cloud. Scott and Karen are fantastic innkeepers, at once casual, welcoming, and friendly, but also super alert to every detail making our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We woke each morning to a tray of fresh coffee outside our door, followed by a melt-in-the-mouth gourmet breakfast. (That gal can cook!) We enjoyed our walking tours through the town which is full of fascinating shops, two magnificent college campuses, historical homes and civil war markers (including the fascinating Stonewall Jackson cemetery) and a long walking trail through a shady forest of trees along a babbling brook. Even though we are "seniors," it felt like a "honeymoon stay," including soaking in the hot tub under the stars. Would we go back? You betcha!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Abigail Inn was my first Bed and Breakfast experience and it far surpassed all my expectations! I was in town for business and my client booked my stay at Abigail Inn. To be honest I was very nervous. I had never stayed in a B&B before and thought I would have no privacy what so ever. That the Innkeepers would and other guests would be, for lack of a better term, all up in my business. WOW was I wrong. Scott was the most respectful, helpful and genuinely nice guy. I enjoyed chatting with him and the other guest during breakfast. Speaking if breakfast.... everyday is was 5 star. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. OH! The room was beautiful. I didn't want to get out of bed every morning because the bed was ridiculously comfortable.

If I am ever in Lexington, VA. again, you can find me at the Abigail Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business