“Christmas in July!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abigail Inn

Abigail Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lexington
Abigail Inn
408 South Main Street, Lexington, VA 24450 (Formerly Inn at Lexington)   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Lexington B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Christmas in July!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I gave my hubby two nights in a B&B of his choice for Christmas--but we weren't able to take advantage of my gift until a trip to Virginia this July. We'd heard about The Abigail Inn from friends, so decided to make this IT. Whoa! Everything we could have hoped for in a B&B--and more! The Inn itself is beautiful and elegant, each bedroom with private bath named and decorated to honor a notable American. We stayed in the Marshall Room and felt like we were sleeping on a cloud. Scott and Karen are fantastic innkeepers, at once casual, welcoming, and friendly, but also super alert to every detail making our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We woke each morning to a tray of fresh coffee outside our door, followed by a melt-in-the-mouth gourmet breakfast. (That gal can cook!) We enjoyed our walking tours through the town which is full of fascinating shops, two magnificent college campuses, historical homes and civil war markers (including the fascinating Stonewall Jackson cemetery) and a long walking trail through a shady forest of trees along a babbling brook. Even though we are "seniors," it felt like a "honeymoon stay," including soaking in the hot tub under the stars. Would we go back? You betcha!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Abigail Inn was my first Bed and Breakfast experience and it far surpassed all my expectations! I was in town for business and my client booked my stay at Abigail Inn. To be honest I was very nervous. I had never stayed in a B&B before and thought I would have no privacy what so ever. That the Innkeepers would and other guests would be, for lack of a better term, all up in my business. WOW was I wrong. Scott was the most respectful, helpful and genuinely nice guy. I enjoyed chatting with him and the other guest during breakfast. Speaking if breakfast.... everyday is was 5 star. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. OH! The room was beautiful. I didn't want to get out of bed every morning because the bed was ridiculously comfortable.

If I am ever in Lexington, VA. again, you can find me at the Abigail Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I were traveling home from NY. This was the second time we decided to rest and spend the night in Lexington. We were so happy that we stayed at the Abigail Inn. The Inn Keeper Scott was so friendly and accommodating. Scott greeted us with a smile and we felt so welcome in the beautiful inn. Everything about the inn was wonderful. The whole inn is so clean and neat. Our room was beautiful and so very clean. It is a peaceful place and you are sure to get a great nights sleep. Breakfast was wonderful and the company was great too. Scott was a great host and very personable. We were sorry we miss Karen his wife. We will be staying at this inn again. They have a big screen TV in the room downstairs and Scott was so nice to offer us the TV room. When in Lexington do not miss staying at this beautiful inn. It is more than a five star inn...it exceeds the trip advisor rating....Thanks Scott for making our stay so wonderful. The inn is in walking distance to town and it is not far off the highway. We travel 81 and we were glad to find such a beautiful inn not to far the highway. So nice when you are traveling to find such a gem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed in the Abigail Inn the 2nd weekend in June 2013. It was our anniversary weekend and right from the start the inn keepers Karen and Scott made it very special by paying attention to every little detail. God made them to be inn keepers, they are blessed with the gift of hospitality for sure. We stayed in the Marshall room which has a whirlpool tub which was very nice. The room was very spacious but quaint. Our room overlooked the front lawn and main street. Karen was an excellent cook. Both mornings everything we had was so fresh and very tasty. She tries to buy local which is always a plus. It's a wonder Scott keeps so trim with all the great cooking from Karen. We were in walking distance from everything in town. There are so many other things I could talk about but truly give Abigail Inn a try you will LOVE it.

Room Tip: All the rooms there are very nice, all with their own personality.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at the Abigail Inn with my sister for a girls getaway. This B&B was charming, quiet, and amazing. We stayed in the Jackson room and it was clean, very well decorated and had a huge bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and the innkeeper was so kind and gracious. The location was perfect as it was very quiet, yet within walking distance of downtown. We will certainly be returning to this wonderful place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Warren, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Abigail Inn in 10/2012 (2 days) for VMI Parent Weekend and in 5/2013 (3 days) for our son�s graduation. Our October stay was a wonderful experience, but our stay in May was even better because of the new Inn Keepers (Karen and Scott). Breakfasts were delicious and plentiful, the home is well-appointed and charming, and the rooms were VERY clean, quiet and comfortable. There were nine in our party (4 rooms) and everyone had a great time. Karen & Scott went out of their way to make sure we had whatever we needed; an added bonus was learning that one of their sons also graduated from VMI, so they truly related to how special the week was for our family. We�ll certainly be back!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Abigail inn during a visit to Lexington for my 25th reunion Ay Washington and Lee. 6 couples rented the entire house and it was perfect. The accommodations are great. We sat on the upstairs and downstairs porches most of out trip it was so relaxing. Breakfast was prepared by the innkeepers each morning and it was terrific. Also had them prepare dinner one night for convenience and it was the best meal of the weekend. Plenty of room to be on your own, plenty of room to gather as a group. Innkeepers were professional yet relaxes and comfortable. We have stayed at the Abigail twice and it will not be the last.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Abigail Inn? Share your experiences!