“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
St. Louis
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We did not have an advance reservation and had stopped in here for the night on our way home from vacation. The staff member at the desk was very friendly and immediately asked about discounts (we were eligible for Triple A). The only available room had 2 double beds, which was small for my family, but they were comfortable enough and adequate for just one night. The pool was small but didn't bother my kids and we appreciated that it was open until 11:00 pm as we didn't even check in until after 9:00. Breakfast had both hot and cold choices and was very tasty. Everything was clean and prices were reasonable.

Stayed July 2014
gmva428, Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hello, I would like to say Thank You very much for your comments about our hotel. This is what we like to hear and what we work toward. If you are ever in this location again please do stop by and say hello and hopefully spend the night with us here at Comfort Inn Lexington, Va. To make your resv. please call 540-463-7311. We will be lookinging forward to visiting with you again soon. Thank Yoy Nellie Benson GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We found this hotel to be very clean and a great value. I loved the homey decorating touches. They had local art on the walls instead of the usual prints. Even the first floor elevator door was hand painted. The breakfast was a bit crowded, but very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
We were glad to have you as a guest in our hotel.We appreciate the high scores you gave our hotel during your stay.We are glad you enjoyed the local artwork that is in the lobbies.I will be sure to share with the staff your encouraging words and high scores you gave our hotel.If there is anything I can help you with, feel free to contact me at gm.va428@choicehotels.com or 540-463-7311.
Littlestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I liked the motel and the location.I stayed there over 10 years ago.At that time Country Cookin Restaurant wasn't there.Would stay there again.It is close to attractions.Also,close to the Interstates 81/64!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for being a loyal guest and staying with us again.I hope you liked the improvements we have made over the past ten years.I am glad you enjoyed country cookin retsaurant.Unfortunately we all tend to enjoy it a little too much.We appreciate such a positive review and hope to see you againsoon.
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for just one night and would stay again. The outside of the building and the lobby look dated, so I was a little apprehensive about the seeing the room. I was happy to see the room was clean and had updated furnishings. There was free breakfast that was ok (we had yogurt, cereal, and eggs that weren't very good). If you're looking for a nice room for a good price, this is it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive review.We have recently completed rennovations in the rooms and will be working on other things in the slow season.I am sorry you were not pleased with breakfast.We will be trying new things to try to improve the service and quality in breakfast.If you have any suggestions feel frr to contact me at 540-463-7311 or gm.va428@choicehotels.com. Thank you for chhosing to stay with and we hope to see you again soon.
Nelli Benson
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel. The hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable, as are the rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast includes cold and hot foods and is adequate to start the day. The breakfast staff were attentive and pleasant. We stayed at this hotel because there are some antique shops close by and we went to Hull's Drive In just down the road. It's a very nice place to stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our hotel.I am pleased you had such a wonderful stay and the staff was attentive and friendly. I am glad you got to visit our community treasure, Hulls Drive Inn. If there is anyhting I can help you with feel free to contact me at 540-463-7311or gm.va428@choicehotels.com.Happy antiquing.
Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights and had a comfortable, inexpensive stay. Everything we saw was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is nothing fancy but helpful to have. But the most memorable thing for me were the hand-painted elevator doors. Nice touch! I see one photograph from another traveler but I'm adding one I took of the third floor elevator. I'm sure we'll stay there again. I stayed at another Comfort Inn in another location a week later and it was $50 more/room and not nearly as nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We apprecite the kind words. I am pleased you had such a wonderful stay.The elevator doors were done by a local artist. Maybe next time you are in town the last door will be done. If there is anything i can help you with, feel free to call me at 540-463-7311 or email me at gm.va428@choicehotels.com.
Lewisburg, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Great stay. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Breakfast was more than adequate and included waffles (plain and blueberry), eggs and sausage, and the normal fare such as cereal and oatmeal. Price was good for a busy weekend. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2014
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us and sharing your review for others. Comfortable beds, clean room, adequate breakfast, good price, friendly staff. Looks like we hit all the marks!!!
I hope you will visit us again soon and I would be happy to assist with future reservations. Please let me know if I can help by contacting me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks again for your comments.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center? Share your experiences!