“Check out the elevator doors!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
Virginia, USA
“Check out the elevator doors!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights and had a comfortable, inexpensive stay. Everything we saw was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is nothing fancy but helpful to have. But the most memorable thing for me were the hand-painted elevator doors. Nice touch! I see one photograph from another traveler but I'm adding one I took of the third floor elevator. I'm sure we'll stay there again. I stayed at another Comfort Inn in another location a week later and it was $50 more/room and not nearly as nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out our survey. We apprecite the kind words. I am pleased you had such a wonderful stay.The elevator doors were done by a local artist. Maybe next time you are in town the last door will be done. If there is anything i can help you with, feel free to call me at 540-463-7311 or email me at gm.va428@choicehotels.com.
Nellie Benson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lewisburg, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Great stay. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Breakfast was more than adequate and included waffles (plain and blueberry), eggs and sausage, and the normal fare such as cereal and oatmeal. Price was good for a busy weekend. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2014
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us and sharing your review for others. Comfortable beds, clean room, adequate breakfast, good price, friendly staff. Looks like we hit all the marks!!!
I hope you will visit us again soon and I would be happy to assist with future reservations. Please let me know if I can help by contacting me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks again for your comments.
delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Traveling from lower Delaware to Dayton , Ohio to Lexington, Ky. then deciding to head to
Luray Caverns,Va all in 3 days... We decided we were too tired to go all the way to
Luray so we decided to stay in Lexington,Va.... Found the comfort inn , it is close to restaurants and stores ... Super clean with comfy beds, fridge, microwave and safe... Pool is small but satisfied my
9 & 12 year old kids... Hot breakfast included ...good cable & quiet when we stayed which was Memorial Day ....Very pleased!

• Stayed May 2014
WOW! What a trip. You did all that in 3 days, with a 9 and 12 year old along. I'm beginning to wonder about you. LOL...
Thanks for the nice review. I'm pleased your stay was enjoyable and I hope you will visit us again. If you are a history buff, Lexington is full of it! You kids may enjoy a day or two in the historic downtown area or walking around Virginia Military Institute or Washington and Lee University. The museums at the two schools are very educational. Let me know if I can help with future reservations. Feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Thanks!
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Driving through on our way to Ga. Found a discounted rate from one of the coupon books at the Va welcome Center. The hotel appeared to be several years old but it was clean. The pool was tiny but did have an outdoor patio area. Breakfast was sparse, mainly fruit, waffles and juices. It is enough to hold you over until lunch. Staff was very friendly. Would stay again for a good rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad your stay was peaceful and enjoyable, but I sorry we didn't do a better job of "wowing" you. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for each guest. I hope you will visit us again and give us another chance.
Thanks again for visiting us. If I can help with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Attended a wedding nearby and stayed at Comfort Inn Horse Center. Convenient to I-64/81. Hotel was safe, clean, staff friendly and efficient. Wifi worked well. A nice inviting pool area and patio. A full breakfast in the dining room. A family diner is located across the parking lot for buffet style meals. I'd stay again if passing through the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Lexington. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property.We are happy you felt safe and the cleanliness and staff performance met your expectations. We hope you will give us the opportunity to help you with your future lodging needs.

Nellie Benson
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed last week end .Staff were good .They really worked hard to refill and clean the breakfast room. And they were helpful too.Location is easy to find.I got a AAA discount when I booked online through the choice hotel site. Felt that ,considering the faciIities price is wee bit high. I wanted to stay near the natural bridge attractions.Despite the discounted price in my opinion rooms were bit stuffy with one small window,with no option of opening it and getting some fresh air . This is about 11 miles away from natural bridge attractions .The indoor pool is good and looks cosy. There were no towels there. Going back to the room noticed by accident a small note in the bathroom ,"pool towels are available , in the front desk ". One has to walk semi naked in the lobby to ask for a towel . This hotel could also use a gym . I wanted to do some light exercise or even could have settled for a walk . But there is no space outside to take a walk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
their hotels but wish that you would try them again.
I want to thank you for your review. I am glad you felt the staff was helpful and worked hard to keep the breakfast refilled. We are sorry you felt the prices were a bit high. Sometimes in Lexington there are a lot of different events going on that do drive demand up. We are glad you got to visit on of Rockbridge County’s treasures, Natural Bridge. We are sorry for the towels being at the front desk. We had had some issues with them being in the pool area. If you are ever coming back to the area be sure to give us a call at 540-463-7311 or email us at DLIsalesLEX@gmail.com.
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales
Seabrook, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is a nice hotel in a good location. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, beds were comfortable and breakfast was good.

We stayed here to take advantage of the "stay two nights and get one free" promotion put on by choice hotels. Boy did Choice Hotels take advantage of us. After staying three nights in different locations Choice Hotels told us we didn't have enough points to stay at a comfort Inn. Customer Service told us to read the fine print. We were pretty upset and asked for supervisor, he quoted the company line and when we asked his name he hung up on us,

This was a decent hotel, but the deceitful way Choice Hotels ran this promotion we will never stay at a Choice Hotels location again and recommend no one else does either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am very sorry you were not satisfied with the Choice Brand. This hotel has been a member of Choice for many years and we have enjoyed our partnership with Choice. We can assure you they are trying to make the best possible deal for both you and their brand. I am very sorry you have lost your faith in their hotels but wish that you would try them again.
I am glad other than your issue with Choice, who only franchise the hotels and doesn’t actually own the actual hotel you stayed at, that you did enjoy your stay with us at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center. If you have any issues with the hotel please feel free to call us at 540-463-7311 or email me personally at DLIsalesLEX@gmail.com.
Stacey DeHaven
Director of Sales

Been to Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center? Share your experiences!