“Fair” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight trip and it was very clean and staff was friendly but first floor room was very most/damp and had a meldew smell. It almost felt wet even with the AC turned down low. Water was very dirty looking like from a well after a big rain storm, almost dark brown. Beds were average. Nice TV's, close to everything in Lexington and Hwy 64/81.

Room Tip: Try a higher floor room, might not be so damp,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I appreciate your review of Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center. I am sorry you felt like the room was wet. If you ever experience anything like that we want you to come to the front desk and let us know. I am very sorry about the water in the room. I can assure you it is not normally that color and we will let the city know of the incident. We are glad you liked the location of the hotel. We hope if you are in Lexington again you will stop by and see us.
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Blackstone, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

They were very accommodating in changing my room when I realized that I had ACCIDENTALLY booked a smoking room. YUCK! So they were able to put us in a non-smoking room on a partial smoking hall. The beds were not the best, but it was clean and quiet. We did have to unplug the fridge because of the loud humming sound it was making and the air would either be too cold or too hot, but all in all it was a nice place. The clerks at the service desk were VERY NICE! The breakfast was decent...eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, yogurt, juice, waffles...you know the routine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Comfort Inn Lexington. We are glad you found our front desk staff to be very accommodating. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy the beds. We try to find a bed that fits everyone’s preferences, but unfortunately sometimes they are not your person preference and I apologized for that. We are sorry you had a few problems with the fridge and A/C, but happy overall the hotel did satisfy your needs. We hope if you are back in the area you will stop by and see us again.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

checked in on 07/21/2013 Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
VA428 LEXINGTON, VA

Stayed at this hotel for one night reservations were correct, place was clean, quite and near places good places to eat. Everyone on staff was very pleasant ! An excellent experience. The breakfast was good too lots of fresh hot coffee. Price was good too I used my club through choice hotels to get a discount.

Room Tip: the photos on web sight are accurate
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
gmva428, Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
First I would like to say Thank you for being a choice privileges member. We appreciate you and will do all we can to upgrade you, if possible when you stay with us. I am glad you opinion of our property was good. These are the things we work toward so you made our day a little brighter with your good scores for us. I hope we made your day the same. come back to see us again soon. I hope the rest of your travels wer as good as here. Nellie Benson GM
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very comfortable room. Bed was good - wish they had more rooms with larger beds. We had two double beds in the room but would have been better with queen beds that were not available. Room was quiet. Breakfast was good. I like making the waffles at these places. The staff did try to accommodate us with location which was great - making it much easier to get in and get out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to an entrance or close to the elevator. Makes it so much easier.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DominionLodgingSales, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We appreciate your review of Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center. We are pleased to hear that your room was comfortable and the bed was good. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your wishes for a larger bed but I am glad the staff was able to get you a location that worked well for you. We hope to see you again if you are passing through again.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Good location to travelers on I64 & I81. Clean rooms, nice breakfast, little indoor pool good for kids who have been riding in a car all day. Good place to stay. Good value. AAA rates apply. I like how they do express check out so you can get back on the road quickly, too!

• Stayed July 2013
gmva428, General Manager at Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your very good comments on our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with our breakfast as well. I wish I could tell you we would be upgrading to queen beds but I can't. Please come back to visit with us again and be sure to tell the desk clerk who you are and I look forward to meeting you and thanking you in person. Nellie Benson GM
acebaby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a clean hotel with a good price. The front desk was friendly. They have a hot breakfast which means you get scrambled eggs, sausage and a waffle maker. The breakfast area is small and gets crowded quick, but that's minor compared to value and cleanliness. Rooms are up to date, and we did not have any pet smell in our room even though they allow pets, and we saw a few. It is close off the interstate as well which is. Important to us when we travel. We would stay again if needed, and I am picky on my hotels being clean.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in Lexington for the night. We didn't need anything luxurious but clean is a must. This room was spacious and very clean. It was perfect for what we needed! Yes, the breakfast room is small but it's FREE! And there's a ton of choices that were constantly being refilled. Great job Comfort Inn! We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking time to review Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Our newly renovated rooms are clean and spacious. We are glad you also enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well. We look forward to seeing you again!
Director of Sales

Been to Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center? Share your experiences!