“The Mo 6.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Lexington

You added Motel 6 Lexington to your Saves list
Motel 6 Lexington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   65 Econo Lane, I-64 and North Lee Hwy, Lexington, VA 24450 (Formerly Economy Inn )   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Pittsburgh
“The Mo 6.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a VMI football weekend. Great ice machine to full the coolers. Person at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Our room was fine. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fine. For this weekend this is all we needed. I think you get what you pay for at The Mo 6. If you need a better hotel you have many to go to in this area. Just be ready to pay a lot more. Will stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Madison, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Driving from IN to Virginian Beach, we just needed a place to flop for the night after tiring drive. Did not require luxury or a lot of amenities and this place suited us fine. Had small refrig and microwave in room which we didn't need. Did not have the usual shampoo, lotion, etc. which we could have used. Comfortable double beds, everything clean and working. Coffee in lobby in the morning. Owner (I assume) who checked us in was friendly, courteous and informative.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Abington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

check in without incident, they are indeed dog friendly (no extra charge for our dog.. a nice relief)
room appeared clean, bed was comfortable.
Bathroom combined with "kitchen" facilities (sink, fridge, microwave) -- I don't like an audience nuking popcorn when I use the toilet, but that's just me. Wife has issues with stairs, so when I asked for a first floor room, they accommodated us no problem.
counter staff was friendly to me, no complaints!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pataskala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Due to being caught in two major traffic jams (one for a half mile roadwork and the other for a bad accident), a friend and I were forced to stay here. We did not have reservations as this was not our intended destination.

The price for one night was a little high, close to $70. Shampoo and other amenities found in most other hotel rooms were not there (missing or just not provided? I don't know). Beds were okay, but not the best.

Because of the situation, this was the cheapest place we could find as other travelers were in the same predicament. The Hampton Inn down the road wanted close to $200 for one night.

The desk clerk was semi-friendly, especially for 1 A.M. Fairly easy access to the highway. A few restaurants within a short driving distance. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lexington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

when we ask about getting credit on 2 future nights as we had rented the room for 4 but only 2 stayed the first night , the owner got uncontrollably verbal and threw all of us out . The entire state of va had a major storm and we were their locally due to no power and the 2 elders were almost 90 years old ! we werre appalled to say the least so i had to go out after 9 at night to try and get them a room for the rest of the week as temps were near and over 100 degrees through out the week. We had to get a room 10 miles away from that one for a total of 25 miles from home. Power was out the entire week. What a disgrace to humanity and they advertise the room online at 30 some dollars and charged 68 a night.

Room Tip: the top floor is cracked and falling definately not up to building codes
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Reserved the room for a week for business clients coming in . Used one night and 4 days later a new client goes in to check in and the room was never cleaned from the one visit . The people that run this place are rude . Will never do business with this place again .dirty .dirty . Avoid unless it is your last choice . Your car would be a better choice . Rude owers . Just nasty .

• Stayed June 2012
huntingtown md
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at this motel over Memorial DaY weekend while attending an event at the va Horse center. I had three teenager girls with me, who were riding in the horse show, and we got them a room adjacent to ours. We were charged for an extra "adult" in the room, even though all of them were unDer the age of 18. I called the cprporate offices of motel 6 to check on this, and was told that there is NO CHARGE for children under the age of 18.So I brought this to the attention of the person at the front desk, who must have been the owner. He informed me that I was lucky to be getting such a cheap rate, since the rate ($100.00) was lower that any of the surrounding hotels. He was VERY rude and abrupt, and did not care to hear what I had to say.

He was one of the rudest people I have ever met. He told me he was running a business and didn't care what the corporate policies of Motel 6 were. I told him that I did not need a lecture, that I was just apssing along the information that I was given. If you care to deal with rude proprietors, by all means stay here. If not, I would avoid this establishment like the plague.

Some other things readers might like to know: No shampoo is provided in the room, bath tiles are filthy, and the "free" coffee provide in the lobby is un-drinkable.

I use trip advisor a lot for my travels and this is the first posting I have done, as I thought other travelers need to know what to expect if they have the misfortune to stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Lexington? Share your experiences!