“Lovely historic property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Lexington
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Lovely historic property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We just spent one night at this hotel but was very impressed. We have visited Lexington on several occasions and have seen this hotel but never had the chance to stay. The room was spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good - even some choices that fit my diet plan which can be difficult at times. I hope to spend more time here on a future stop in Lexington. Every time we come, we find something else to do or a new place to go or a new restaurant to try. We always have fun.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you are going to Lexington, stay at the Hampton Inn. The Manor House is terrific and takes you back to the history of Lexington. If you choose to stay there make your reservations well ahead of time. It's worth it.

Church Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

WOW!!!, I grew up near Lexington and their historical district,and somewhere along the line forgot how beautiful the citiy is w/all the history it holds(guess it was the yearly field trips to the same places,that made me not see it). Anyway we came in for my nephews high school graduation from PMHS and being my boyfriend is a big history buff, what better place than the Historical District.
He went on line and found Col Alto(Hampton Inn) and asked me what I thought about staying there,I said sure.Before we left Tn. driving up that morning they called and upgraded us to the Manor.(thank you)
WOW is all I could say when we arrived. We entered the lobby and was greated by the friendliest/sweetest staff.Our room was right off the lobby, and the room was awesome,with our own private porch looking out at the nice garden area, pool,etc. Room service every morning was included in our stay. We visited VMI and several other places, including the Rockbridge Winery(right across from the farm I grew up on.)We fell in love w/Col Alto and look fwd to another stay. If you have a chance to stay there please do, you will not be disappointed.This was the greatest place to stay at from my hometown area.

Room Tip: even though our room was right off the lobby it was quiet, you had entrance to front door,,garden ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel on our first visit to Lexington. The property is bipolar with a historic mansion acting as the reception, lobby, and breakfast area, and a modern hotel at the back. The room was spacious, but, given the layout, somewhat distant from the lobby and hard to find. The staff was friendly and helpful when we wanted to see the town and find a restaurant.

Room Tip: It's a long way from the elevator, way at the back, to most of the rooms.
Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

this a great place to stay b/c of the location and the history. We walked into Lexington 3 days and walked to VMI and W&L to the historic sites there. The property is well situated, the staff is very friendly; the breakfast is great; the rooms are well outfitted. The grounds are beautiful. We love to stay here

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Beautiful historic property. College town. lots of restaurants nearby, that we were told they are all within walking distance. Not so, if you arrive late and are tired. Be prepared to walk a lot. Also there are no cabs in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night as we were going to do some activities in the Natural Bridge area. First things first, the property is gorgeous. Lots of trees and grass and it is very well taken care of. There are benches here and there under the trees so you can relax and enjoy the property. The check in area is very clean and in the historic part of the building so it has a lot of charm. The hotel is sprawling and all brick and really one of the nicest Hampton Inn property's I have ever seen. It helped that we were there on a gorgeous sunny day so it really highlighted all that the hotel had to offer. The staff is pleasant and courteous. As Gold HH members, we got to pick out our drinks and snacks for free.

Now onto the room and room location. Our room was a standard Hampton room with two queen beds. Nothing unusual there. We were in the side part of the building on the first floor (indoor room, not one with outside access), right across from the gym and a few doors down from the door that led outside to the pool/walkway to the breakfast area. We heard doors slamming ALL DAY AND NIGHT LONG. I am not kidding, it was the most disruptive hotel stay I have ever had. In order to try to drown out the noise, we turned up the fan on high on the AC unit. The AC unit itself was incredibly annoying and loud as well, shutting on and off like a semi truck, waking us up every time it did so. I even always bring a fan with me to provide some white noise and that didn't help either. Neither my husband or I slept more than a few hours as we could not have been in a worse location in the hotel with the doors slamming and our AC unit did nothing to soothe. If we had been staying there a second longer, I would have requested an immediate room change. I cannot emphasize this enough - request rooms AWAY from the walkway door and gym if you want to have any chance of getting a good nights rest!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Lexington - Historic District? Share your experiences!