“saved us from extra traveling thveat night” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Lexington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1139 North Lee Highway, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Quinton
“saved us from extra traveling thveat night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

All hotels were filling up fast and with very jacked up rates because we arrived on vmi parents weekend and a horse show. After 3 stops at other local facilities that were full called super 8 they had 2 rooms left and held the room for us and gave us a super rate! Staff were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I will preface this review by saying that I don't stay in Super 8's very often so I'm not sure how the chain as a whole would compare, but this location was atrocious. Upon check-in we got our room keys and walked down the dark hallway full of what appeared to be vomit stains all over the carpet. Open the door to our room and immediately run into the corner of a desk, which my sister and I immediately relocated to the far end of the room overtop the safe and under the clothing rack (pathetic, most rooms have a closet or at least a recessed area for clothes now). The bedding looks like it's straight out of the 1970's and has my least favorite fabric -- scratchy polyester. My pillowcases had a strange yellow stain on them (I'm hoping it wasn't urine), and my sister's bedsheets had a mysterious brown stain on them (once again, hoping not poop).

The room and air conditioning unit smelled damp and musty throughout our stay, shower curtain was moldy and shower had hair in it and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned. The kicker though was seeing a roach crawl across the bathroom floor, only to discover that apparently a colony of roaches had made their home in the hairdryer. Who looks in the hairdryer when they stay somewhere before they fire it up? Not me, but now I will. I had the pleasant experience of drying my hair with a nice finisher of "roasted cockroach" because they got fried during the experience and our room stank to high heaven for a few hours after that!

Hey, I guess the only good thing (which I did not participate in) is that the hotel offers "free breakfast" aka, cereal and a microwave to heat things up!

NEVER AGAIN. I would have rather slept in a horse's stall at the Horse Center or my car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Richlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The bathroom was nasty, the shower curtain was covered in black mold and soap scum, as was the shower head. The telephone was nasty dirty, the tv remote didn't work and was covered in goo. Pillow case had hair on it making me think it had not been changed. Yuck!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Lexington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Lexington

Address: 1139 North Lee Highway, Lexington, VA 24450
Location: United States > Virginia > Lexington
Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Lexington 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Lexington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lexington Super 8
Lexington Super Eight
Super Eight Lexington

If you own or manage Super 8 Lexington, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.