“Clean but tattered” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Lexington

and 1 more site!
You added Days Inn Lexington to your Saves list
Days Inn Lexington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   325 West Midland Trail, I-81 Exit 188 B, Lexington, VA 24450   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Bloomington, Indiana
“Clean but tattered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

The room was large enough and would probably qualify as a suite at some chains. It was very clean but woefully in need of sprucing up. Although the bathroom had been remodeled, there were two shades of pink paint on the woodwork and the bathroom door, and wallpaper was peeling off at one spot by the air conditioner/heater. Front desk staff was efficient. Too bad the frosted doughnuts had been refrigerated, since that makes the frosting runny and makes the doughnuts tough. The setting is very scenic. For a night or two, this is OK.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
philly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I booked a room with two beds at this motel on line for one night at a price of $166.00 for two people. I don't know where the $98.00 price went. When I arrived with my daughter the manager tried to put us in a room with a king. I said "No, I booked for two beds and that is what I need". So she gave us a room at the back of the motel that was completely unacceptable for the price we paid. As others have said, the torn and mismatched chairs outside each room gave it a real creepy atmosphere. When we walked in, you couldn't get the door open easily and it wouldn't close tightly. The screen on the window was hanging and the ac/heater unit had become unattached from the wall. The air freshner over a musty smell was obvious. There was hair in the bathroom. The woodwork by the door looked as though a dog had scratched all the paint off. We figured that this was probably one of the rooms where people traveling with dogs stayed. So my daughter and I were pretty creeped out and went back to the desk to tell the manager that our room was unacceptable. All of a sudden she had a different room available that was "much better". While it was a little bigger and had a small refrigerator sitting on top of the TV it still had same smell. We opted to leave for a great room at the Hampton Inn in Lexington.

• Stayed October 2009
phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I booked a room at this hotel because of the high number of positive reviews, however my experience was not a positive one. The first tip-off of what was to come were the filthy chairs outside of the guest rooms. My room was dirty, the carpet was stained, there were cobwebs in the corners and the carpet had not been vacuumed since the last guest.. The sheets and pillowcases were stained and I could feel the boxspring through the worn mattress. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
WL-VMI, Manager at Days Inn Lexington, responded to this review, November 3, 2009
Thank you for your comment expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the Days Inn.We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At
Days Inn, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness.
Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards.
My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Please contact me directly to discuss your concerns.
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

This motel on Midland Trail appeared nice enough as we drove up, and quite charming with the yellow painted, exterior-corridor building with patios for each room. There are two buildings at this motel, a somewhat charming yellow-painted one with exterior room doors attached to the registration area and a separate, very dated "Shenandoah" building with an interior corridor, which is located behind the 'charming' building. Unfortunately, our room was in the Shenandoah buidling.

Posted at the entrance to the Shenandoah building and the registration area were lots of paper signs warning of $100 fines for smoking, pets, and unauthorized visitors in rooms. Upon entering the building, the smell of air freshener overpowered us. It was fighting a losing battle to mask a very strong musty/mildew odor. The carpet in the hallway and the room was stained and worn. The room was very dark and appeared not to have been updated since the 1970's. It had inadequate lighting (which was, frankly, a blessing) and dark wallpaper. The dark blue semi-plush carpet was matted in high traffic areas, the upholstered chairs were very stained and had holes in the upholstery. The refrigerator not only didn't work, but smelled terrible. The ceilings had waterstains in spots and had been poorly patched and painted in other spots. The room smelled very musty and dusty. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. The walls were also quite thin. We could hear the details of the nocturnal activities of our neighbors.

On the bright side, the room was quite large and the water pressure in the shower was strong and refreshing. The motel was conveniently located near downtown Lexington.

The positive reviews of this place appear to result from guests lucky enough to stay in rooms in the yellow, main building. As I walked to check out in the morning, I peeked in one of those rooms as it was being cleaned. It was more recently updated, with typical, commercial-grade motel carpeting, more modern furniture and better lighting.

I would recommend against a stay in the Shenandoah building of this motel, but might consider a stay in the main building.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

I truly do not understand the good reviews on this website. I booked this motel online. When I arrived, both my partner and I went in to get the key. The rooms was dirty, the bed was hard, the room smelled like cigarette smoke, and the pillows were flat. There is old used dirty mis-matched plastic furniture scattered around outside. When we left, the manager Anil Brahmbhatt claims that my boyfriend was an un-registered guest, and tried to charge me over $100 for having an un-registered guest in the room. The room rate was $58.50 + $6.44 a night. I eventually bartered with the manager and paid an additional $10. I feel that I was cheated, and manipulated. Please be aware of additional fees (for no reason), and of scams.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Newton Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

We have been coming to the Days Inn in Lexington for four years for parents weekend and visits. We have always stayed here and have to say we are very pleased with the service. The owners and staff were always friendly, kind, and helpful. They were always eager to accommodated our every need.

The motel was well maintained and gave us quick access to Washington & Lee University since it is only 1 mile from W&L and VMI. We felt very comfortable. This Days Inn has a comfortable homelike atmosphere with a great continental breakfast! The view from the top of the hill where the motel is located has a marvelous breathtaking view of the surrounding area. Its a must see. Oh, and the room prices are very reasonable!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Richmond, Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night over Labor Day weekend. It is an older motel with exterior corridors in a very quiet area of Lexington. The rooms looked very clean. The rooms do need some remodeling as there appeared to be water damage behind one of the beds. There was no bad odors in the rooms. The bathrooms looked well kept and the showers had an adjustable shower head. There are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room. The continental breakfast consisted of bread, bagels, sweets, coffee, juice. My only complaint is the beds. The mattresses are cheap, hard as a rock, and well used. There was a cigarette burn on the bedspread. Overall, I still think we got a great deal for the rooms and would consider staying there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
BEST WESTERN Lexington Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Hunt Ridge
Hampton Inn Lexington - Historic District
Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
Wingate by Wyndham Lexington

Been to Days Inn Lexington? Share your experiences!