“Attack of the stink bugs!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 17 hotels in Lexington
Ashburn, Virginia
“Attack of the stink bugs!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every year for six years and had an okay experience. This year however was terrible. Our room had a least a hundred stink bugs in it. We tried to catch them all and throw them out of the window. We did get housekeeping to help us out. The management did reimburse part of the cost of our stay. I would recommend going to the Comfort Inn right by the Virginia Horse Center. I would not recommend going to the Quality Inn unless if you want stink bugs in your room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were looking for a reasonable place to stay near the zoo and this was the perfect choice! They have wifi, an indoor HEATED pool, and nice, clean interior rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. This is not a brand new hotel, so if your looking for a luxury suite, you might be disappointed. As for our trip with children, it was perfect!

Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed over Labor Day weekend; the advantages here are pet acceptance at $10/night, clean and pressed linens and a comfortable bed. On the downside, we took the handicap room and the mold in the shower is the worst I've ever seen in a modern hotel; there was a dead cockroach on the bath floor as we entered. For an hour's worth of cleaning with Tilex and replacement of worn-out caulking and bath paint they could have improved their rating. Unfortunately for people with disabilities the wheelchair-accessible room is at the far end of the hall rather than close to the front door. Smoke odors were present in hallway and bath fan was inadequate to rid moisture; hotel needs better ventilation. Carpet in room had a worn-out, bumpy pad underneath; TV was modern and AC unit was newer and quiet. Continental breakfast featured powdered eggs and sausage gravy as the hot items - minimally acceptable. Hotel has the usual minimal maintenance found in Indian-managed properties; this was probably a nice hotel when likely built in the 1980's but it needs updating now. Staff was friendly, pool/exercise room was in average condition; no hot tub. At $85.50/night on the Choice Hotels site maybe I was expecting too much. I'd check out the other nearby hotels before I stayed here again.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you commit to it.
Little Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in Lexington for a few days as I moved my son into college. It was impossible to find a nonsmoking room anywhere but I finally found one here. It was important to me to stay in a place with interior rooms since I was traveling alone without my husband so the Quality Inn fit the bill over other motels. The hotel seems understaffed and not very clean but the beds were comfortable and I was so tired from moving my son it was easy to sleep. The hotel does accept pets which did not bother me since I am not allergic. The breakfast looked dismal with a tiny area for tables and I didn't even try it.
Even though it would not be my first or second choice I would stay here again just to be in a nonsmoking room. There are better choices in Lexington but you have to pay more. My rate was about $100 per night which was overpriced but better than the alternatives.

FORT WORTH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Room was comfortable, but on the small side and hadn't been dusted in months. If I hadn't just finished a nine hour day with a three hour drive at the end, I've have gone on. Breakfast wasn't a win either. Ran out of coffee at 0700.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Madison, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visit the VHC frequently and forgot to make reservations at any hotel before arriving for a large horse show. By chance we stopped by the Quality Inn and they indeed have a room available. Although the room had not been cleaned yet from the previous guests, they checked us in and offered beverages until the staff could get the room ready. We were concerned the room was located near the elevators and lobby but it was quiet as could be and very, very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and offered extra towels and were quick to bring a roll-out bed when we asked for one. The breakfast area was very clean however a bit small. The food items were delicious with the hot items hot and the pastries fresh. We plan on making this our go to hotel in the future even though it is several miles further from the horse complex than other hotels. Definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Colchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located just off I-81. The front desk clerk was filling in. She is normally a housekeeper. However, she was the most helpful individual, patiently answering customer questions, efficiently getting people checked in, and offering very helpful advice on nearby places to eat.
We were very pleased with our room. It was a good size, clean, and we had a restful night before continuing on our travels the next morning. The hotel has a decent indoor pool and a nice breakfast the next morning. We were impressed with our one night stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!