“Not the best of choices in Lexington but not the worst either” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Little Rock
“Not the best of choices in Lexington but not the worst either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in Lexington for a few days as I moved my son into college. It was impossible to find a nonsmoking room anywhere but I finally found one here. It was important to me to stay in a place with interior rooms since I was traveling alone without my husband so the Quality Inn fit the bill over other motels. The hotel seems understaffed and not very clean but the beds were comfortable and I was so tired from moving my son it was easy to sleep. The hotel does accept pets which did not bother me since I am not allergic. The breakfast looked dismal with a tiny area for tables and I didn't even try it.
Even though it would not be my first or second choice I would stay here again just to be in a nonsmoking room. There are better choices in Lexington but you have to pay more. My rate was about $100 per night which was overpriced but better than the alternatives.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
FORT WORTH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Room was comfortable, but on the small side and hadn't been dusted in months. If I hadn't just finished a nine hour day with a three hour drive at the end, I've have gone on. Breakfast wasn't a win either. Ran out of coffee at 0700.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Madison, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We visit the VHC frequently and forgot to make reservations at any hotel before arriving for a large horse show. By chance we stopped by the Quality Inn and they indeed have a room available. Although the room had not been cleaned yet from the previous guests, they checked us in and offered beverages until the staff could get the room ready. We were concerned the room was located near the elevators and lobby but it was quiet as could be and very, very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and offered extra towels and were quick to bring a roll-out bed when we asked for one. The breakfast area was very clean however a bit small. The food items were delicious with the hot items hot and the pastries fresh. We plan on making this our go to hotel in the future even though it is several miles further from the horse complex than other hotels. Definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Colchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located just off I-81. The front desk clerk was filling in. She is normally a housekeeper. However, she was the most helpful individual, patiently answering customer questions, efficiently getting people checked in, and offering very helpful advice on nearby places to eat.
We were very pleased with our room. It was a good size, clean, and we had a restful night before continuing on our travels the next morning. The hotel has a decent indoor pool and a nice breakfast the next morning. We were impressed with our one night stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I have been to many hotels in many countries and this hotel defines the word "crap." First and foremost, when I called this hotel to make a reservation they tried to charge me $20.00 MORE than the normal rate because I asked for the military/government rate, which is treasonous in my books. So through an unfortunate chain of events we ended up staying at this freedom hating communist establishment which led to unveil their true specialty, having the worst staff and customer service ever. Zero compassion for their job nor the desire to help/work with their customers in anyway. The cherries on top were beds hard as rock and the whole place smelt like an ashtray. I know people think the smoking rooms and pets are a perk, but the only reason why they allow it is because there is little you could do to the rooms that could make it worse. Lastly, not the hotel's fault, but there is zero cell phone service so you can't write horrible reviews about the place while sitting uncomfortably in their smelly rock hard beds. Find a nice sharp rock and use it as a pillow in the middle of the parking lot, you'll wake up happier in the end.

Room Tip: There is a Howard Johnson adjacent to this hotel that our friends stayed at and loved it, GO THERE!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I should have checked tripadvisor. Renovation not successful. Bathroom terrible. Sink does not drain, mold and dirt everywhere. Towel rack is loose and hair dryer needs replacing. TV has poor picture. I believe that this stay has convinced me to give up on choice properties; encounters like this are too frequent.

• Stayed May 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Probably the worst hotel experience I've had. The room was filthy when I checked in-sticky bathroom counter, crumbs and thick dust on every surface on the bedroom. The staff was terrible as well. When I checked out as quickly as possible the next day, a customer in front of me was telling the staff she was covered in bites from something in her room. The staff person clearly didn't want anyone to hear her and began to scream -truly scream- at the customer telling her she shouldn't have put the "do not disturb" sign on her door or housekeeping could have gotten rid of any 'spiders'.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!