“Cute little gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 170 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Attached to Liberty Gas Station.
Northern Virginia
“Cute little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We love Thai food and have visited many in the NoVa area, especially around Arlington where there's one on every corner. This place really surprised us. The food was deliciously authentic and the service was excellent. And even though it's inside a gas station, you don't feel like you are. The only negative is that it is a bit pricey and the portions are small.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, VA
“On it's way back to greatness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

I was a big fan of Thai Pan when it first opened last year. It's a beautiful restaurant in a very weird location - the Liberty gas station near downtown Leesburg. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced. I raved about this restaurant to everyone who lived nearby.

However, there was a signficant drop in quality late last year. Food just wasn't what it used to be. Portions were miniscule, food was often delivered cold, orders in correct, etc.

I was about to cross Thai Pan off my list for good, but decided to try one more time last week. I heard there had been a change in management and things had improved. Thankfully, I think it's true. Service was wonderful . The food was just I as I remembered - panang curry was thick and rich. Calamari was crisp and hot. Dumplings were meaty and tasty.

I hope this is a sign that Thai Pan is on it's way back. Leesburg needs a great Thai restaurant.

Washington D.C.
“A Step Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

I used to love this place and ate here often but overnight back in October '08 the restaurant was taken over by the owners of the convenience store in the gas station. New owners, new managers, new cooks. In my opinion, it went downhill immediately. The menu stayed the same but orders are often messed up, portions were cut in half for the same price, and the recipes have been changed (not for the good either). If they are having a good night and don't confuse your order then they do have perfectly edible Thai food, but sadly it is not nearly as good as it used to be. Since it's still the only Thai place in town, I'm sure it will do decent business.
Hopefully I can revise this review if the restaurant ever improves.

josh143, Manager at Thai Pan, responded to this review, February 10, 2009
Thanks for the review.
Since the beginning, the restaurant belongs to the Gas station. and due to some fraudulent circumstances, we had to take a step to remove old manager named PLA. All the cheff's are same except the new manager name Lucky. AND SINCE OCTOBER, THE WAY OUR CUSTOMER LIKE OUR FOOD, NEVER LIKED BEFORE.
DC area
“Weird but Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

I would give it full-out 5 stars, but it IS inside the gas station. The food here is some of the best thai food ever!! It's prepared to order, always fresh, spiced according to how you order it (thai hot is really thai hot here). We love the fresh rolls, the tom yum soup with shrimp comes with more shrimp than most places give, the curries are all excellent, pad thai is stellar. If you tell them you can't have sugar (hubby is diabetic), they will accomodate your request with a smile. They do deliver, promptly (we live in the area), but we find it very convenient to order on the phone, pop down, and while filling up on gas, go inside to pick up. It's very pretty in there (but small), very clean too. My only critique would be to please keep the door that goes between the convenience store and the restaurant closed--this will make the space much cozier and prettier. They also make Blimpie sandwiches there, so if your kids don't like thai, you can always pick them up a sandwich. Very affordable, and they have a frequent-lunch program too.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Thai right in central Leesburg!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Oh man, where to start! Very nice selection on the menu. The food is simply delicious. My favorite Thai dish is Pad Thai, not real original, I know, but I love it. Well, Thai Royal makes delicious Pad Thai. The flavors are nicely balanced and it is just wonderful. We are also big fans of their chicken Panang. It is a little different that what is served at Burapa Thai. Thai Royal has a thinner sauce, but very flavorful. We also really enjoy the Thai dumplings from the appetizer section. Very yummy!

Extremely friendly service. Clean environment tastefully decorated. If you didn't know you were at a gas station, you wouldn't know you were at a gas station. Parking is limited but there is street parking and if you strike out there I imagine you could get away with parking over at Market Station.

Thai Royal is a great Thai restaurant in its own regard. It is so nice to be able to eat Thai and not have to go to Lansdowne, Ashburn or Sterling to get it. Don't let the gas station bother you...