“Don't blink or you'll miss a wonderful Thai meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 169 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Attached to Liberty Gas Station.
Virginia, United States
“Don't blink or you'll miss a wonderful Thai meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

After a long day of shopping at the Leesburg outlets, my husband and I were looking for some good Thai cuisine, and thinking we'd need to drive closer to DC to find any. Imagine our surprise when one of the staff at the Seiko store mentioned that there was a little place in Leesburg that she'd recommend. The only caveat was no ambiance to speak of - just good food. We jumped at the recommendation. If you don't mind having your restaurant attached to a local gas station and parking in their lot, then you're good to go. From the spring rolls to our main courses, to the Thai ice teas and dessert, every bite of food was good. And when I asked about one of the desserts that I'd never heard of, the owner had a sample made up for me to taste so I could try it out. The sample turned out to be a full serving, which they later told us was "on the house". It was only after our meal was 2/3 over that my husband noticed that the restaurant had recently received an outstanding write-up from the Washington paper. I will say that it's well deserved. The food was easily equal to our local Thai restaurant that charges a third more for equivalent value. If you don't mind a room with wall-mounted t.v. going at either end of the small dining area, then this place is for you!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gas Station Thai! My son said 19,000 stars...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Have been going here for years when I finally, yesterday, took my kids on a lark, thinking "maybe they will eat a spring roll." Boy was I wrong, they ate Tom Ka, Pad Thai, Chicken Fried Rice, Shrimp Rolls etc., oh and well yes they did eat spring rolls, so I guess I was right sort of. It was wonderful that they catered to the kids so much that my daughter said "six stars!" And my son said "19,000 stars" (random), trying to outdo his sister.

Visit and eat and be surprised. Gas station Thai is a real thing and without preconceived notions our kids ate everything!

Visited December 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Liberty Gas Station and Great Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Strange combo, but somehow it works. We saw the Oct 18 review in the Wash Post and were intrigued. Love Thai, but must cope with allergies to shrimp and mushrooms. No problem. My chicken peanut dish was cooked to order and ditto the plain spring roll. The entree was simply delicious, 5 Star, and ample for a second small meal when half was nicely packaged to go. While the chicken in my partner's pad Thai was a bit dry, the dish was overall above average. His lemongrass soup was perfect. A nice chat with owner Samana Zaidi confirmed her commitment to converting to organic ingredients when she can secure local sourcing while protecting good prices for her customers. A challenge, but one this lovely lady can meet.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden Gem and Next Fad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We had seen some great reviews on tripadvisor and Yelp. We also heard a story on WTOP (or WNEW) about this recent fad of restaurants in gas stations. We are regularly in Leesburg and decided to give it a try. While it was strange to park at a gas station for dinner we found a friendly and helpful staff despite a packed house. The food came out quick and was very good. We will be returning...

Visited October 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

The best Thai in town. Great service, excellent food. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Healthy menu plenty of choices. Delicious!

• Visited October 2013