“Very Nice, With Good Facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 33 Activities in Leesburg
Washington, DC
“Very Nice, With Good Facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

I spent a very enjoyable afternoon here in February. The facilities (which at less than 2 years old, still appear quite new), are very nice, and include spacious and attractive private dressing areas, large showers offering plenty of privacy (with room to bring robe and towel in with you, while keeping them dry), and good quality toiletries. The sauna and steam rooms are both nice, and you may well have them to yourself, even on a busy Saturday afternoon. The jaccuzzi is particularly appealing, and although it is large enough for a crowd, I never saw more than 2 people in it at a time. With all these facilities, you can easily turn a single spa treatment into a full, relaxing afternoon at the spa.

My massage was good, and I overheard others praising theirs as well.

The only nit-picks: The ladies' lounge is windowless and can get a bit crowded - but perhaps that's to be expected mid-afternoon on a Saturday. Get there early to snag one of the comfortable chaise loungers. (Next time I may try the coed lounge.) Additionally, the lounge fireplaces advertised on their website were not working - the staff told me they were not working "yet."

In all, this spa is a very welcome addition to the Northern Virginia area. It is far superior to the older, more established Elizabeth Arden spa, and in a different class entirely. I'm alreadly planning my return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
23 attraction reviews
“Spa-only visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

On our second visit to the Lansdowne spa, my small group found some improvements and some new flaws. The improvements: There was no confusion about whether food was available in the spa. My massage was better than my last treatment. The new flaws: Lots of things were out of order. One toilet and one shower--both out of only three--were unavailable, and the steam room was also out of order. The jacuzzi was delightful, but we kept picking up loose tiles with our toes! This place is practically new and rather expensive--it should be perfect.

Our treatments were very good with one exception. One of the masseuses argued with my friend about her service, did her massage while wearing gloves (!), and was altogether unpleasant and unhelpful. The manager handled it very professionally and comped the massage. She also comped our bottle of wine--not out of generosity, but because no one could figure out how to charge us for it! It's not the most efficient place.

As resorts go, I would give this a miss. It's surrounded by suburbs and highways. Yes, there is a nice golf course and pretty pools, but if you want a real country getaway, go to the Greenbriar or the Homestead. If you want a nice spa treatment after shopping at Leesburg Outlets. go for it.