“Clean, Comfortable, Affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
HIGHLANDS RANCH
“Clean, Comfortable, Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I recently had to travel to Virginia on business with a couple of colleagues. I was happy to see there was a Best Western in Leesburg, Va. that was close to the area where we would be working. I contacted the hotel and spoke to Richard Menster, the General Manager, and explained that we would be working in the area for approximately 3-6 weeks and that I would need multiple rooms for that duration. I also mentioned to Richard that we were on a tight budget for this project and I asked what we could work out on a per room cost. Richard worked out a fair price that kept us on budget.
I was extremely happy that when we arrived, we found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and thanks to Richard, affordable. We had a complementary hot breakfast every morning that was great and after returning from long hot days in the field a nice relaxing pool to rejuvinate us.
The staff was friendly and knowlegable and on more than one occasion helped me communicate with my home office via fax and took care of receiving and delivering of important documents via FedEx. The area is loaded with good restaurants and it's proximity to Washington D.C. and the Potomac River area made for enjoyable weekends, with plenty to do. I will be returning to the area to continue the construction of this project sometime in September and you can bet I will be staying at the Leesburg Best Western.
Telecommunications
OSP Engineer

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
lafayette
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

This hotel was amazing!!!! All of the employees were so friendly and helpful especially the front desk staff. I was really impressed with the managers. They were very welcoming and friendly. They helped me with directions and recommended the best restaurants for dinner. My hotel room was very clean and the beds were the most comfortable out of any hotel i have ever stayed. They served a full hot continental breakfast that is as good as going to a restaurant except it was free!!!!! I highly recommend staying at this hotel. You will not be disappointed!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Geneva on the Lake, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Very nice experiance, very accommidating to the family with pets looking for a quiet comfortable place to stay. Great breakfast offered.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Our room had bed bugs. We got in late and were so tired we went right to bed without really checking the room. Got up early the next morning and saw them in the sheets. The staff was kind enough and didn't give me any trouble when I asked for my money back and we moved to another hotel (the nearby Hampton Inn - which was great, totally worth the difference in price). The manager called me later on that day to apologize profusely and explained that there's nothing they can really do to prevent outside travelers from bringing them in, unfortunately. He thanked me for letting him know so he could take care of the problem. The staff was really nice and handled it properly, I think, but there were other areas of the hotel that had cleanliness issues, such as the lobby bathrooms. I've had great experiences at other Best Westerns, but this one just needs more work.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Over the weekend of 30 April 2010, my classic car club hosted a major event at the hotel. The event coordinator worked with us for months prior to the event and gave us great advice on hosting the event. The staff were professional, always available, accommodating and very tolerable of a hotel full of car guys & gals. It was very hot outside, but inside the rooms and meeting rooms were nice and cool. We received very positive feedback from all of our attendees. We will definitely be returning for our next event!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I, along with my sisters and brothers hosted a 50 year wedding anniversary party for my parents on March 20 inviting 100 guest. To simplify things, all events for the weekend centered around the Best Western Leesburg Hotel. Thanks to the work of the managers, events planner and all staff, the weekend was perfect! Everyone went out of their way to ensure the event went off without any issues. I couldn't have been happier with the staff of the hotel. They were there to help us make the party a success.

We blocked 15 rooms for our event and needless to say, the day of check-in could have been a nightmare. Instead, the reservation and check in process was smooth and everyone felt welcome. The rooms were clean and well maintained.

I was welcomed by the manager and Ann Diamond-Hayes, the banquet planner. They answered every question I had and made sure we had everything we needed.

The banquet room was set up exactly as requested and beautifully arranged. For those who were not working on decorating the room, they enjoyed time outside on the deck visiting. Fresh popcorn was provided throughout the day, which the kids loved.

Words can't express the appreciation for the staff at Best Western Leesburg for helping our family celebrate such a happy occasion and making memories of a lifetime. Nothing was missed, from the outstanding breakfast served each morning to the welcom we recieved each time we entered the hotel - KUDOS TO YOU ALL! Simply outstanding!

Marcie Leist

• Stayed March 2010
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel every week for the past two years. It is clean, very reasonably priced and the staff make you feel like you are at home, and no I'm not referring to a nagging wife. Great location, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!