“Wish I didn't have to say...” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
New York City, New York
“Wish I didn't have to say...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Our room had bed bugs. We got in late and were so tired we went right to bed without really checking the room. Got up early the next morning and saw them in the sheets. The staff was kind enough and didn't give me any trouble when I asked for my money back and we moved to another hotel (the nearby Hampton Inn - which was great, totally worth the difference in price). The manager called me later on that day to apologize profusely and explained that there's nothing they can really do to prevent outside travelers from bringing them in, unfortunately. He thanked me for letting him know so he could take care of the problem. The staff was really nice and handled it properly, I think, but there were other areas of the hotel that had cleanliness issues, such as the lobby bathrooms. I've had great experiences at other Best Westerns, but this one just needs more work.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Over the weekend of 30 April 2010, my classic car club hosted a major event at the hotel. The event coordinator worked with us for months prior to the event and gave us great advice on hosting the event. The staff were professional, always available, accommodating and very tolerable of a hotel full of car guys & gals. It was very hot outside, but inside the rooms and meeting rooms were nice and cool. We received very positive feedback from all of our attendees. We will definitely be returning for our next event!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I, along with my sisters and brothers hosted a 50 year wedding anniversary party for my parents on March 20 inviting 100 guest. To simplify things, all events for the weekend centered around the Best Western Leesburg Hotel. Thanks to the work of the managers, events planner and all staff, the weekend was perfect! Everyone went out of their way to ensure the event went off without any issues. I couldn't have been happier with the staff of the hotel. They were there to help us make the party a success.

We blocked 15 rooms for our event and needless to say, the day of check-in could have been a nightmare. Instead, the reservation and check in process was smooth and everyone felt welcome. The rooms were clean and well maintained.

I was welcomed by the manager and Ann Diamond-Hayes, the banquet planner. They answered every question I had and made sure we had everything we needed.

The banquet room was set up exactly as requested and beautifully arranged. For those who were not working on decorating the room, they enjoyed time outside on the deck visiting. Fresh popcorn was provided throughout the day, which the kids loved.

Words can't express the appreciation for the staff at Best Western Leesburg for helping our family celebrate such a happy occasion and making memories of a lifetime. Nothing was missed, from the outstanding breakfast served each morning to the welcom we recieved each time we entered the hotel - KUDOS TO YOU ALL! Simply outstanding!

Marcie Leist

• Stayed March 2010
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel every week for the past two years. It is clean, very reasonably priced and the staff make you feel like you are at home, and no I'm not referring to a nagging wife. Great location, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

This hotel had lots of plusses - but with one big minus.
Plus -
--very nice FREE hot breakfast (including make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, french toast)
--great location right off a main road
--front desk very accomodating
--nice price
Minus -
--NOISE! We stayed during a weekend that was hosting three weddings. This mean that there were people in the halls late at night drinking, little kids running around, and lots of doors shutting. You could hear EVERYTHING in your room, even with the fan on. We knew many guests that were up until three am because it was so noisy. If you want a quiet getaway - don't stay here or request to be no where near a wedding or other event. My husband and I were there for a wedding, so we didn't spend much time in the room and were exhausted enough to sleep, despite the noise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We reserved this hotel due to the great rating on Trip Advisor and the location. The room was what one would expect for the price range, and fairly clean other than a serious cigarette burn in one bedspread. The problem was the paper-thin walls/doors. Every time a door in another room is shut, you hear it very loudly in your room. Around 2 a.m. we were awakend to the sound of doors repeatedly opening and slamming shut, people talking, a dog barking, yelling, and arguing, both in neighboring rooms, the hallway, and outside our window in the pool area. This went on for hours and it was impossible to sleep. A call to the desk had them saying they would call the police, but it was nearly 4am before it became quite. We got almost no sleep. It was way too loud to drown out with the tv. I wish I had earplugs! The management did not offer any compensation for our complaints, even though the whole point of getting a hotel room was to sleep and we got none. We would have gotten better rest sleeping in our car. I will never return to this hotel, or this chain, and I will not advise friends to either. The most terrible hotel experience I have ever had. I have slept in total dives that were a better experience. For $90 I would at least like to be able to sleep!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

We've held our Aglow Spring Retreat at The Best Western for four years. The staff goes out of its way to make us feel welcome and secure. The rooms are clean and well-equpped. The breakfast is a welcome addition. They have been the most accommodating place we have ever used. Very friendly and helpful staff. Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!