You added BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Texas
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I, along with my sisters and brothers hosted a 50 year wedding anniversary party for my parents on March 20 inviting 100 guest. To simplify things, all events for the weekend centered around the Best Western Leesburg Hotel. Thanks to the work of the managers, events planner and all staff, the weekend was perfect! Everyone went out of their way to ensure the event went off without any issues. I couldn't have been happier with the staff of the hotel. They were there to help us make the party a success.

We blocked 15 rooms for our event and needless to say, the day of check-in could have been a nightmare. Instead, the reservation and check in process was smooth and everyone felt welcome. The rooms were clean and well maintained.

I was welcomed by the manager and Ann Diamond-Hayes, the banquet planner. They answered every question I had and made sure we had everything we needed.

The banquet room was set up exactly as requested and beautifully arranged. For those who were not working on decorating the room, they enjoyed time outside on the deck visiting. Fresh popcorn was provided throughout the day, which the kids loved.

Words can't express the appreciation for the staff at Best Western Leesburg for helping our family celebrate such a happy occasion and making memories of a lifetime. Nothing was missed, from the outstanding breakfast served each morning to the welcom we recieved each time we entered the hotel - KUDOS TO YOU ALL! Simply outstanding!

Marcie Leist

• Stayed March 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel every week for the past two years. It is clean, very reasonably priced and the staff make you feel like you are at home, and no I'm not referring to a nagging wife. Great location, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

This hotel had lots of plusses - but with one big minus.
Plus -
--very nice FREE hot breakfast (including make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, french toast)
--great location right off a main road
--front desk very accomodating
--nice price
Minus -
--NOISE! We stayed during a weekend that was hosting three weddings. This mean that there were people in the halls late at night drinking, little kids running around, and lots of doors shutting. You could hear EVERYTHING in your room, even with the fan on. We knew many guests that were up until three am because it was so noisy. If you want a quiet getaway - don't stay here or request to be no where near a wedding or other event. My husband and I were there for a wedding, so we didn't spend much time in the room and were exhausted enough to sleep, despite the noise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We reserved this hotel due to the great rating on Trip Advisor and the location. The room was what one would expect for the price range, and fairly clean other than a serious cigarette burn in one bedspread. The problem was the paper-thin walls/doors. Every time a door in another room is shut, you hear it very loudly in your room. Around 2 a.m. we were awakend to the sound of doors repeatedly opening and slamming shut, people talking, a dog barking, yelling, and arguing, both in neighboring rooms, the hallway, and outside our window in the pool area. This went on for hours and it was impossible to sleep. A call to the desk had them saying they would call the police, but it was nearly 4am before it became quite. We got almost no sleep. It was way too loud to drown out with the tv. I wish I had earplugs! The management did not offer any compensation for our complaints, even though the whole point of getting a hotel room was to sleep and we got none. We would have gotten better rest sleeping in our car. I will never return to this hotel, or this chain, and I will not advise friends to either. The most terrible hotel experience I have ever had. I have slept in total dives that were a better experience. For $90 I would at least like to be able to sleep!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

We've held our Aglow Spring Retreat at The Best Western for four years. The staff goes out of its way to make us feel welcome and secure. The rooms are clean and well-equpped. The breakfast is a welcome addition. They have been the most accommodating place we have ever used. Very friendly and helpful staff. Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
South Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We spent 9 nights at the Best Western in Leesburg. It was a comfortable place to relax. Lage king size bed and spacious room (#113). It was central to the places in which we travelled during our holiday (DC, Northern Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania). Full breakfast was a treat and when you came home at night the first thing you notice is the smell of freshly popped corn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Leesburg, VA for one night on March 22, 2009.

We found the hotel pretty easily via GPS. The hotel only has two levels and is L-shaped. Because of changes in plans I had to call them a couple times to change my prior online reservation to a group booking and then to reduce my number of nights. Each time the phone was answered promptly and courteously.

When I attempted to check in on Saturday morning, my room was still getting cleaned. The very nice staffer at the front desk gave me a choice – I could check in immediately into a room on the upper level at the end of the corridor or I could wait until about noon and get a room on the first floor, fairly close to the lobby. Around 12:30 p.m. I stopped by and my room was ready. I stayed in non-smoking room 103, around the corner and a couple doors down from the front desk.

My room was very clean and had all the basics. King bed, big screen TV, dresser, safe, mini fridge and microwave, lounge chair and ottoman, end tables, business desk and task chair. Bathroom had shampoo, soap, coffee maker, etc and lots of towels.

The hotel has coffee and tea (didn’t see cookies) all day in the lobby and the free popcorn in the afternoon is a nice touch. I slept in on Sunday morning so I woke up too late to try the breakfast. I had mixed reviews from two of my travel companions. One reported runny, wet eggs and inedible sausage. Another said the breakfast was good. I have no clue.

The hotel has a fairly well-stocked store that’s located around the corner from the front desk. Had both shelf (dry) goods and frozen meals, milk etc in a large see-through upright freezer. There is a business center with a computer and printer. There is also an exercise room that had the basics, was clean and well-lit. The lobby has comfortable chairs and a big-screen TV.

The hotel has a very nice-looking pool that was still closed for the winter. My event was held in the ballroom which was very comfortable and came with a kitchenette set up. Meals were brought in for attendees.

My major and only complaint is that on Sunday morning (having gone to bed around 3 a.m.), my intention was to sleep in. No such luck. I awoke before 8 a.m. to the sound of a vacuum cleaner, cleaning staff talking, doors slamming and rooms around me getting cleaned. That was a bummer!

Other than the one aggravation I mentioned, I was very pleased with my stay at the Best Western Leesburg and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!