“unbearably loud” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Virginia
“unbearably loud”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

We reserved this hotel due to the great rating on Trip Advisor and the location. The room was what one would expect for the price range, and fairly clean other than a serious cigarette burn in one bedspread. The problem was the paper-thin walls/doors. Every time a door in another room is shut, you hear it very loudly in your room. Around 2 a.m. we were awakend to the sound of doors repeatedly opening and slamming shut, people talking, a dog barking, yelling, and arguing, both in neighboring rooms, the hallway, and outside our window in the pool area. This went on for hours and it was impossible to sleep. A call to the desk had them saying they would call the police, but it was nearly 4am before it became quite. We got almost no sleep. It was way too loud to drown out with the tv. I wish I had earplugs! The management did not offer any compensation for our complaints, even though the whole point of getting a hotel room was to sleep and we got none. We would have gotten better rest sleeping in our car. I will never return to this hotel, or this chain, and I will not advise friends to either. The most terrible hotel experience I have ever had. I have slept in total dives that were a better experience. For $90 I would at least like to be able to sleep!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

We've held our Aglow Spring Retreat at The Best Western for four years. The staff goes out of its way to make us feel welcome and secure. The rooms are clean and well-equpped. The breakfast is a welcome addition. They have been the most accommodating place we have ever used. Very friendly and helpful staff. Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
South Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We spent 9 nights at the Best Western in Leesburg. It was a comfortable place to relax. Lage king size bed and spacious room (#113). It was central to the places in which we travelled during our holiday (DC, Northern Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania). Full breakfast was a treat and when you came home at night the first thing you notice is the smell of freshly popped corn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Leesburg, VA for one night on March 22, 2009.

We found the hotel pretty easily via GPS. The hotel only has two levels and is L-shaped. Because of changes in plans I had to call them a couple times to change my prior online reservation to a group booking and then to reduce my number of nights. Each time the phone was answered promptly and courteously.

When I attempted to check in on Saturday morning, my room was still getting cleaned. The very nice staffer at the front desk gave me a choice – I could check in immediately into a room on the upper level at the end of the corridor or I could wait until about noon and get a room on the first floor, fairly close to the lobby. Around 12:30 p.m. I stopped by and my room was ready. I stayed in non-smoking room 103, around the corner and a couple doors down from the front desk.

My room was very clean and had all the basics. King bed, big screen TV, dresser, safe, mini fridge and microwave, lounge chair and ottoman, end tables, business desk and task chair. Bathroom had shampoo, soap, coffee maker, etc and lots of towels.

The hotel has coffee and tea (didn’t see cookies) all day in the lobby and the free popcorn in the afternoon is a nice touch. I slept in on Sunday morning so I woke up too late to try the breakfast. I had mixed reviews from two of my travel companions. One reported runny, wet eggs and inedible sausage. Another said the breakfast was good. I have no clue.

The hotel has a fairly well-stocked store that’s located around the corner from the front desk. Had both shelf (dry) goods and frozen meals, milk etc in a large see-through upright freezer. There is a business center with a computer and printer. There is also an exercise room that had the basics, was clean and well-lit. The lobby has comfortable chairs and a big-screen TV.

The hotel has a very nice-looking pool that was still closed for the winter. My event was held in the ballroom which was very comfortable and came with a kitchenette set up. Meals were brought in for attendees.

My major and only complaint is that on Sunday morning (having gone to bed around 3 a.m.), my intention was to sleep in. No such luck. I awoke before 8 a.m. to the sound of a vacuum cleaner, cleaning staff talking, doors slamming and rooms around me getting cleaned. That was a bummer!

Other than the one aggravation I mentioned, I was very pleased with my stay at the Best Western Leesburg and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Allentown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

Location was excellent; close to highways, shopping, restaurants, and wineries. Breakfast was hot, plentiful, tasty, and free. Service was friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself was just okay. We paid $79/night and that's exactly what the room was worth. We were placed in #102 and the spotlight shone through our curtain all night , plus we were next to the exit door which was very noisy. After the first night of no sleep, we requested a quieter room facing the pool at the back of the hotel, were moved to #213, and we were much happier there.
If you're able to get a cheap rate for this hotel, I'd recommend staying there; however, don't expect 5 star or even 4 star. You get what you pay for at this Best Western.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

Spent two nights at this hotel to visit the northern VA wine country. We weren't disappointed. Efficient, courteous check-in and check-out. Room (213) was exactly as requested (king, non-smoking in a quiet area). Our room was not recently renovated, but fine for a chain hotel. Nice sitting area and couch. A desk and chair and a very comfy bed. Bathroom was clean and had basic toiletries. This hotel "wins" on the extras. Hot popcorn, coffee and cookies available in the lobby each afternoon and great full breakfast (included) each morning. There were at least four different wedding parties and guests staying there while we visited. Seems to be very popular with the wedding crowd. All in all a quiet, clean, comfy location to stay. Very centrally located to explore wine country and shop at the nearby outlets.

• Liked — Location/Cost
  • Disliked — Odd Smell in Hallway (like old garbage)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Essex England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We walked in and used a Roomsaver coupon. We spent 3 nights there and loved the location. We had stayed there previously 2 years ago and it was every bit as good once again. The room was very clean, tidy and fresh. The reception area is very clean indeed. The pool is very well maintained and has a lifeguard on duty - a pleasant change from pools without supervision. The breakfast bar had a large range of choices which were alwasy filled up promptly. The breakfast area is large and always clean and tidy. We visited the Frank Lloyd Wright home and George Washington's plantation - it's a great base from which to visit. We also got the train from Springfield Franconia into Washington. There are so many restaurants in the area it was easy to find a good place to eat. We also went to the Movies at Potomac Mills Mall. I would highly recommend this hotel. It has 9 floors but apart from groups at the week-end, it's usually very quiet during the week. It's clean and safe and the staff are pleasant at all times.

• Liked — Clean, safe and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing whatsoever
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!