“A great place to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
South Australia
“A great place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We spent 9 nights at the Best Western in Leesburg. It was a comfortable place to relax. Lage king size bed and spacious room (#113). It was central to the places in which we travelled during our holiday (DC, Northern Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania). Full breakfast was a treat and when you came home at night the first thing you notice is the smell of freshly popped corn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Leesburg, VA for one night on March 22, 2009.

We found the hotel pretty easily via GPS. The hotel only has two levels and is L-shaped. Because of changes in plans I had to call them a couple times to change my prior online reservation to a group booking and then to reduce my number of nights. Each time the phone was answered promptly and courteously.

When I attempted to check in on Saturday morning, my room was still getting cleaned. The very nice staffer at the front desk gave me a choice – I could check in immediately into a room on the upper level at the end of the corridor or I could wait until about noon and get a room on the first floor, fairly close to the lobby. Around 12:30 p.m. I stopped by and my room was ready. I stayed in non-smoking room 103, around the corner and a couple doors down from the front desk.

My room was very clean and had all the basics. King bed, big screen TV, dresser, safe, mini fridge and microwave, lounge chair and ottoman, end tables, business desk and task chair. Bathroom had shampoo, soap, coffee maker, etc and lots of towels.

The hotel has coffee and tea (didn’t see cookies) all day in the lobby and the free popcorn in the afternoon is a nice touch. I slept in on Sunday morning so I woke up too late to try the breakfast. I had mixed reviews from two of my travel companions. One reported runny, wet eggs and inedible sausage. Another said the breakfast was good. I have no clue.

The hotel has a fairly well-stocked store that’s located around the corner from the front desk. Had both shelf (dry) goods and frozen meals, milk etc in a large see-through upright freezer. There is a business center with a computer and printer. There is also an exercise room that had the basics, was clean and well-lit. The lobby has comfortable chairs and a big-screen TV.

The hotel has a very nice-looking pool that was still closed for the winter. My event was held in the ballroom which was very comfortable and came with a kitchenette set up. Meals were brought in for attendees.

My major and only complaint is that on Sunday morning (having gone to bed around 3 a.m.), my intention was to sleep in. No such luck. I awoke before 8 a.m. to the sound of a vacuum cleaner, cleaning staff talking, doors slamming and rooms around me getting cleaned. That was a bummer!

Other than the one aggravation I mentioned, I was very pleased with my stay at the Best Western Leesburg and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Allentown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

Location was excellent; close to highways, shopping, restaurants, and wineries. Breakfast was hot, plentiful, tasty, and free. Service was friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself was just okay. We paid $79/night and that's exactly what the room was worth. We were placed in #102 and the spotlight shone through our curtain all night , plus we were next to the exit door which was very noisy. After the first night of no sleep, we requested a quieter room facing the pool at the back of the hotel, were moved to #213, and we were much happier there.
If you're able to get a cheap rate for this hotel, I'd recommend staying there; however, don't expect 5 star or even 4 star. You get what you pay for at this Best Western.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

Spent two nights at this hotel to visit the northern VA wine country. We weren't disappointed. Efficient, courteous check-in and check-out. Room (213) was exactly as requested (king, non-smoking in a quiet area). Our room was not recently renovated, but fine for a chain hotel. Nice sitting area and couch. A desk and chair and a very comfy bed. Bathroom was clean and had basic toiletries. This hotel "wins" on the extras. Hot popcorn, coffee and cookies available in the lobby each afternoon and great full breakfast (included) each morning. There were at least four different wedding parties and guests staying there while we visited. Seems to be very popular with the wedding crowd. All in all a quiet, clean, comfy location to stay. Very centrally located to explore wine country and shop at the nearby outlets.

• Liked — Location/Cost
  • Disliked — Odd Smell in Hallway (like old garbage)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Essex England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We walked in and used a Roomsaver coupon. We spent 3 nights there and loved the location. We had stayed there previously 2 years ago and it was every bit as good once again. The room was very clean, tidy and fresh. The reception area is very clean indeed. The pool is very well maintained and has a lifeguard on duty - a pleasant change from pools without supervision. The breakfast bar had a large range of choices which were alwasy filled up promptly. The breakfast area is large and always clean and tidy. We visited the Frank Lloyd Wright home and George Washington's plantation - it's a great base from which to visit. We also got the train from Springfield Franconia into Washington. There are so many restaurants in the area it was easy to find a good place to eat. We also went to the Movies at Potomac Mills Mall. I would highly recommend this hotel. It has 9 floors but apart from groups at the week-end, it's usually very quiet during the week. It's clean and safe and the staff are pleasant at all times.

• Liked — Clean, safe and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing whatsoever
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Moncks Corner, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

EXCELLENT HOTEL ! ! ! Recently renovated the hotel and rooms are very nice. The fireplace in the lobby was nice to sit in front of and read. Fresh hot popcorn, oven baked cookies and fresh coffee is available in the lobby. Front desk staff was very helpful, courteous and friendly. Hot FULL breakfast bar was wonderful. Room was spacious, bed was extremely comfortable, pool was very nice. Having internet access on a computer provided by the hotel was a HUGE plus and the excersize room is always available and clean. Housekeeping staff answered our requests quickly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Leesburg, VA area. Convienient to Historic Leesburg (10 minutes) and 45 minutes to Washington DC. Outlet mall is right around the corner with economical family restaraunts within 5 minute drive. Great hotel for families and single travelers.

• Liked — Friendly hotel staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stopped at this hotel while doing a bicycle tour of the (somewhat) nearby C&O Canal. I agree with a previous poster, who wrote that it is definitely NOT easy to get to from the canal path. The motel itself, though, was much nicer than we expected, especially for the price and the area.

All the staff we interacted with were great, even going out of their way to let us store a dirty tandem bicycle and child trailer in a conference room overnight. Seeing that we were on a bike, the van driver offered to drive us to dinner if we wanted. No worries there, as there are plenty of restaurants within an easy walk (we tried the nearby Anita's Mexican place and it was good).

The standard room we got was very roomy and well appointed, and looked to be fairly recently redone. We had no problem with noise, even though a large wedding party was staying at the motel the same evening. The business center was very welcome, offering free Internet access and even free printing. Only complaint is that they could use more than one computer.

While the front of the motel is nondescript, the pool and rear lawn area are very nice, with a very nice pool and an outdoor terrace with tables and chairs.

We were absolutely amazed at the free breakfast. It's a full, hot breakfast, with eggs, bacon, sausage, make-your-own waffles, different juices, yogurt, etc. I've never seen a better breakfast included in an American motel.

We liked it so much that we ended up staying for two nights (long story). We'd definitely stay there again. It's convenient to the Dulles toll road, the nearby highway (rt 15?), and even the W&OD bike trail, which runs almost right by the motel. It would make a nice overnight bike getaway from D.C. along the W&OD trail.

• Liked — Staff, breakfast, nearby restaurants
  • Disliked — Hard to get to by bicycle!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!