“Great Reception” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Leesburg, United States
“Great Reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

When we arrived to Leesburg, we had just arrived from a terrible journey from Texas. Yorana greeted us at the reception area. She was a bright spot in our dreary trip. Her recommendations of the local area improved our mood and we really appreciated all she did for us.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to review your recent experience at our hotel. We are so sorry that you had such a tough journey from Texas...but so pleased to hear that Yorana provided you with such a warm welcome! We love hearing that she was able to give you great recommendations for things to do in the local area.

Again, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

As you can figure out by now, I travel extensively for work. I stay in various chains already reaching elite in choice hotels. On the rare chance I get the opportunity to stay at a Best Western, I take it. This is the second time I've stayed at this particular BW. What prompt me to write about a hotel this time is the staff! I guess because I'm in and out of hotels every day, I take it for granted the front desk has to be nice to you! The agent Yosanda ( I think spelled correctly), impressed me! Once I said my name, she explained you were here a few months (6 to be exact) ago, she even remembered the rude couple that was at the front desk checking in that night! Needless to say, I was impressed. I truly felt like I was coming home and not just checking to another hotel. I've returned to several hotels and never have any of the front desk remember me. As for the hotel accommodations, very nice. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet style served on warmed plates instead of the usual plastic plates. Needless to say, I will be staying here when I returned to Leesburg, 6 months from today. Lastly, I would like to add, BW have come a long way. Have not been disappointed by any of the ones I've stayed in thus far.

Room Tip: I always ask for king suites. They always comes with microwave, fridge, sofa or lounge chair and co...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of your recent stay at our hotel. It is always such a pleasure to get such positive feedback regarding the service provided by our staff. Our team members truly do love welcoming our guests to the hotel as if they were a guest in their own home.

We are also so pleased to read your feedback regarding your guest room being both clean and comfortable. We will certainly pass along your compliments to our housekeeping department as well.

By far the best compliment that we can receive is that a guest enjoys their stay so much that they are going to return to see us again. We will look forward to your next visit when you return to Leesburg in 6 months. We are so happy to now have you as one of our loyal guests!

Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with others in the TripAdvisor community.
berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed one night here before we had to catch an evening plane from Dulles the next day. The hotel seemed not to be in the best part of town, but we were able to walk to a Vietnamese restaurant across the parking lot for dinner (but unfortunately the food there was not too good -unusually for a Vietnamese rest.). Room was pretty standard - they did put us right next to the vending machines, but the noise was bearable. The ice-making machine further down the hall made a horrendous noise, and we were glad not to be next to that. Breakfast was OK -but the best part was that they used CHINA dishes and METAL cuttlery - quite a luxury after enduring 3 weeks of plastic and paper utensils at breakfast!
Location is convenient for both downtown Leesburg (but we were a little disappointed with that) and for getting to Dulles. Oatlands Plantation nearby is worth a visit if you have a free half day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us prior to flying out of Dulles airport. Our hotel is located in the business district of Leesburg and less than 2 miles from historic downtown Leesburg. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal at the Vietnamese restaurant near us – typically we get positive feedback from our guests about this restaurant. The benefit of our hotel’s location is that there is a wide variety of restaurants within a very short drive, everything from recognizable national chain restaurants to quaint local restaurants, bistros and wine bars. We would like to apologize that there was noise coming from our vending/ice machine areas, but we are happy to hear that you were not disturbed. We have our maintenance team checking on these areas to ensure that they are not a disturbance for other guests. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Many of our guests, like you, appreciate that we provide china and cutlery for our breakfast service (as opposed to disposable plates and utensils). We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us in Leesburg again in the future. There are so many wonderful sites and attractions in the Leesburg area – everything from Civil War and historical attractions to fabulous wineries and shopping destinations. There is something for everyone! Thank you again for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.
St. Joseph, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The room was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was clean and comfortable. The desk clerks and shuttle drivers went out of their way to make my stay a good one. On two occasions, the manager actually drove me to my desired location. The manager and desk clerk helped me with my flight arrangements and gave me helpful suggestions. I felt that all of the employees went above and beyond what was necessary to make me and my grand daughter comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We absolutely love your compliment that all of our employees went "above and beyond" to make your stay comfortable! Our manager and our entire staff love taking great care of our guests and making them feel at home while they are with us. We are also very happy to hear that you found your guest room to be both clean and comfortable. We will be happy to pass along your compliments to our housekeeping team.

Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with the TripAdvisor community. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Leesburg BW Hotel and Conference Center was a very convenient and restful location for our trip to that area. It is quiet, the breakfast was varied and ample, and the staff was very considerate. And the price was right.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks so much for your review of your stay with us. We love hearing that you found our hotel to be convenient, restful and quiet! The perfect "recipe" for a great night's rest! We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning. This is a big hit with many of our guests. Our staff really enjoys getting our guests' day off to a great start with a nice hot breakfast and friendly service.

Thank you again for sharing your positive feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
hampton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Found the hotel nice yet when we got to the room we found some bugs and the bath tub plug didn't work. We did not report this even though we should have. Our stay was nice but would have liked it to be cleaner. As I have said the staff was very nice and answered all our questions and gave us directions to where we wanted to go.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate the nice compliments regarding the service that you received from our staff. We would like to apologize that there were some oversights in the cleaning and preventative maintenance of your guest room. We are so sorry that we were not aware of these problems during your stay so we could correct them for you. We take pride in providing “squeaky clean” rooms for our guests. We have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance management and staff. Our team takes all guest feedback very seriously and we will be reviewing our room inspection procedures to ensure that future guests do not encounter these types of concerns. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Leesburg so we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Leesburg, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Unfortunately my stay here was not good at all. The hotel smelled horrible, there were dogs running all over the place and there was a lot of yelling at night...I would not reccomend this Best Western again and that is unfortunate as I stay at Best Westerns a lot!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were so sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your taking the time to let us know. We are a pet friendly hotel and have found that the pet owners that stay with us by and large are very respectful of guests that are not traveling with pets and are happy to adhere to our pet policies which include being present with and maintaing control of their pets at all times. Additionally, when we are made aware that guests are behaving in a noisy fashion that is disturbing to other guests we quickly seek to remedy the situation. Our goal is that every guest enjoys their stay in all aspects and we apologize that this was not your experience and do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!