“Close to Everything” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Pinehurst
“Close to Everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is just off of the main highways, so it its easy to access. In my room, however, I was never aware of highway noises. It is close to outlets, restaurants, and the historic downtown. The breakfast was very complete, with hot food and cold, as well as constantly monitored. (Good coffee, too!) The room was clean and adequate, though not luxurious. Internet worked fine. All in all, a good stopover point for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Marietta, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Met expectations for star rating. Clean but a little tired. Great breakfast though and close to 'downtown' Leesburg. Would have preferred to stayed near Dulles for something newer at the same price but this sufficed for the location (we were in a wedding in Leesburg).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just wanted to give a shout out to an outstanding employee. My husband and I are traveling to Leesburg in a few weeks for a family wedding. I called and made the reservation with The Best Western and i was told on two separate occasions by an other employee that I would receive a confirmation email for my reservation and I never received. I called back and had the privilege of speaking with Yarona. My reservation was booked for the incorrect dates (which I had also been told by another employee that this issue had been corrected and it had not been... Very frustrating). Yarona took the time to listen to what had happened, took my number down and proceeded to call me back with the problem solved. I really appreciated how she handled the situation. My husband and I are looking forward to our stay with your hotel In a few weeks. Thanks again Yarona for your patience and time.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of your recent experience with our team member, Yarona. We really appreciate your "shout out" to Yarona for her outstanding service! We would like to apologize for the original reservation error...but we are so pleased to hear that Yarona came to the rescue with such great patience and follow-up. We are looking forward to your visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to compliment one of our staff members on their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel each time you travel to Leesburg, VA.
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived after taking some time to find the place. There are no signs on the road, only on the side of the building – which is blocked by trees. The staff member was friendly at check in – however let me say, there is no dress code at this place… We went to our room, which was eh – OK. The bed just had a typical sheet, and a thin ‘blanket’. The room did have a flat screen tv, which was on the dresser, which means to watch it you had to turn to the right and be looking down. The room had a small fridge and microwave – nice.
Everything seemed old to me – maybe not necessarily old, but the building itself was definitely old. The carpet definitely needs to be replaced and was separating from the (bathroom) door way. The carpets in the whole place should be replaced!
Our bathroom was OK. The toilet seat was broken-not attached-missing bolts, and kept falling off. Three times throughout our stay, my husband had to open up the toilet and do something with the stuff in there (nasty) because the toilet wouldn’t flush. They left us with the same soap for our 4 night stay and never replaced them. Never replaced the laundry bag or ice bag. One morning we came back to some used men’s Axe body wash on our counter – which was NOT ours. Another morning we came back to our garbage bag full of old garbage sitting up on the desk.
The free breakfast was (below) typical. Granted it is nice they offer it, but it didn’t seem fresh. The pool is nice. Parking was ok, however there were a bunch of electricity trucks they just seem to park on their property.
I wouldn’t stay again. Maybe it’s because once I got there and didn’t like the place, I went to bedbugregistry.com and they were listed on there (from 2011).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleGuests, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We would like to sincerely apologize that your guest room did not meet your expectations. We have high standards for cleanliness and preventative maintenance of our guest rooms and the public areas of the hotel. Unfortunately, we seemed to have really missed the mark with your stay with us. We have shared your specific feedback with our housekeeping and maintenance staff. Our staff and management take all guest feedback very seriously and we will be reviewing our room inspection procedures to ensure that future guests do not encounter these types of concerns. Each year, we complete updates to the hotel and the guest rooms in order to keep the hotel up-to-date.
We have also reviewed your breakfast comments with our breakfast hosts. We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The majority of the feedback from our guests regarding the breakfast buffet is very positive. Guests really love the variety of the foods and the value that the breakfast provides during their stay with us.

Again, we truly appreciate your honest and detailed feedback as this helps us to improve the experience for our future guests.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the B/W in leesburg. the room was clean and roomy---the area is nice and quiet. And mostly the staff was excellent---especially a young lady that worked the front desk named Yarnoa. She was so very accomodating, and polite and so very helpfull. B/W is very lucky to have such a good employee. Every thing during my stay was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay and that you found the room to be clean and spacious. Thanks so much for taking the time to compliment Yarona at the front desk. We are so thrilled to hear that she provided you with such great service!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experience with others on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and used the hotel as home base for the Destnation Race's Leesburg Half Marathon and wine tours. The service was super, the place very well kept and clean. With breakfast included and transport provided for travel in the general area, the value for money is exceptional. We agree with other raters that the walls are thin and the climate control loud.
Although not the most modern of hotels, i Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for staying with us while you were in town for the Leesburg Half Marathon and wine tours! We are so pleased to hear that you found the service from our staff to be super and the hotel to be well kept and clean. Providing great service and a clean hotel are two of our top priorities. We also love hearing that you felt that the hotel was an exceptional value....that is so important for travelers these days! Many of our guests really love our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and the convenience of the shuttle service.

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to share your positive experience with others on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!