“Bike friendly, offers shuttle!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Leesburg
Ashburn, Va
“Bike friendly, offers shuttle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

For a cycling group like ours (Get Out & Go Tours), this hotel offers the combination of location - proximity to the C&O Canal; service - they will come get cyclists from the Virginia side of Whites Ferry; and price - it is more economical than the nearby hotels that are newer and don't offer shuttle.

Breakfast here is very nice, with a large breakfast room, not a cramped space. On arrival, it's nice to get complimentary warm popcorn from their popcorn cart.

Rooms have been mixed, in that some are just fine, while others have had minor points if issue with odor or another point of need. We brought it up with the front desk, and they made a note and immediately provided another room, so we've rated the service and overall satisfaction higher as result.

The outdoor pool is nice, in season. For fall stays though, this is not a pool and jaccuzzi hotel, and you would need to select one of the competitors if that's what you want.

• Stayed June 2012

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Redondo Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed there for four nights and had very good experience. Although the hotel is tired, its front desk staff Bobbi (very sweet woman) made me totally ignore the physical appearance of the property. She went extra miles to help me find an appropriate room and even helped me print my boarding pass when the printer in business center run out of ink. Plus free hot breakfast, free Internet, free USA Today, free coffee and tea all day long, close to Costco, close to highway 7. What else you can expect ... If the owner can refurbish the lobby and rooms, this would be a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you can get a room with easy access to the parking lot because the hotel is a two-story bu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Was a great stay, very convenient location - everything essential is a short walk away. It's located very close to every road you may need, however, I didn't really hear the traffic, which is odd for such a location.

Loved the staff - everyone was lovely. Rooms are huge for the price, and I was very happy with the way mine was maintained.

I stayed in a smoking room, which is towards the back of the hotel, on the second floor - it's a hike (they do have elevators, but the hallways go on and on and on). You could (as the staff pointed out at check-in) take a stairway closer to your room and a different exit, which was convenient.

I was very happy with the reasonable price, and am certainly going to stay here again. No reservations recommending this place to anyone with reasonable expectations - they will surpass them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hoover, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed in the Best Western in Leesburg Virginia two nights in room 104. The hotel is in severe need of a remodel. The particular room we stayed in was no exception. The carpet was extremely worn and liquid stained throughout and has a very nasty appearance. The television remote did not work. I had to call the front desk repeatedly to get a remote that worked. The first three times, I was given a series of unplugging the TV, pressing buttons etc and could not convince the front desk it simply didnt work. After getting a housekeeping rep to the room with an armload of remotes, he acknowledged our remote was broken, and found one that did. During the day, there was a construction crew right outside the front door using a concrete saw, sawing up one of the dilapidated curbs for replacement. The ground up concrete dust was so bad when you walked out the front door, you could not breathe without inhaling a mouth full of dirt. The overall look and feel of the hotel is depressing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband was working in Leesburg so we stayed at this hotel with "all the guys." We had our small dog and our small baby with us. Upon entering our room, which had previously been a smoking room but was converted to non-smoking, there was a pleasant smell and no trace of smoke. The room itself appeared very clean. I even looked in the corners of the bathroom.

Our flat screen tv was a nice size and worked well once we turned on the TV light switch. The air conditioner was nice and cold. The filters in the AC were even clean. The housekeepers came a few times when we didn't answer the door at first. They were very friendly and curteous. The housekeeper even helped me catch my dog when she ran out of my room and down the hall.

I have spoken to the front desk personnel twice. They are very accommodating and polite at all hours. The pool is a great temperature and the outside sitting area is great. There is only one public use computer but if you're going to need one during your stay, bring your laptop. Jeez. The little gym is also nice. There is a snack room type of thing w plenty of foods and drinks to purchase.

Now for my complaints (which is very few and far between). My room was very far away from the elevator so I had to lug my baby and dog down the stairs. But this is really more my fault for not asking for a room closer or downstairs. Also I am used to a comforter but you get a very warm blanket in between two sheets. It is probably more sanitary that way so it was okay.

As far as the hotel beig "loud" I haven't experienced that. Sure you can hear doors close, people come and go st different times than you. And also, the negative reviews about bed bugs, that's a risk u take staying in a hotel. People bring them in and they scurry around to different rooms. Some people don't react to their bites do unless someone has a reaction, the hotel won't know. My dad had bites on him and the immediately switched his room and called orkin. Thats the best they can do.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again. The people are nice, and I have has a very relaxing restful stay. The town is full of shops and tons of things to do very close to the hotel.

Ps- if you're traveling with a baby or a dog, the pet fee is minimal and a pack n play fits very nicely in the room. Happy traveling!

• Stayed August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

On our second visit, this Best Western exceeded even our previous high expectations. The rooms are beautifully appointed with fluffy towels, pristine sheet sets, black-out drapes and a view of the inviting pool. The complimentary breakfast is so much more generous than most hotels: real dishware, healthy food-fresh and well presented, freshly brewed coffee, hot and cold choices and an attentive, polite staff. The management was friendly, respectful and generous regarding information about the area and hotel amenities. Even the fitness center had safe and functioning aerobic equipment with a wide screen TV/ remote for entertainment during your workout. This hotel provides the services of a much more expensive property and with a smile.
A Grateful Traveler

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Waterford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had planned a memorial at our Waterford Farm with 70 out of town guests for Saturday, June 30th. Then came the storm of the century that left most of Loudoun County without power. We had reserved a block of rooms at the Best Western so some of our guests were staying there. After we made our way to the hotel, skirting fallen trees and downed wires, we told the manager that we were in need of another venue. She said that she would call us in a few hours. When she called, she offered us the use the breakfast room with its serving line to present our food as well as the pool & adjacent lawn for our event. She even would allow us to bring our grills to prepare food, When I asked how much it would cost us, she replied that they were happy to be able to help us, there would be No charge. Needless to say we are all very grateful because they certainly could have charged whatever & we would have had to pay it! In a time of crisis, the manager, staff and Owner showed us the meaning of hospitality. I would also like to add that our guests who stayed there reported 1) the rooms were very clean & fresh, 2) the staff was helpful & professional, & 3) the breakfast was delicious and the coffee excellent!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!