“Had no problem with the hotel until days later...bedbugs” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
H'burg
“Had no problem with the hotel until days later...bedbugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a Ladies Church Retreat 11/4/11-11/6/11. Normally I would check the bed and mattresses for bedbugs(one of my worst fears), but this time(of course) I didn't because I was staying with 2 people I hadn't met and didn't want to seem weird. Now I won't let that stop me again. In anycase, about 7/8 days after my stay I noticed bumps on my arms and legs and thought maybe a mosquito had gotten in the house, but then my friend, who was also on the retreat and slept in the same bed as me, told me the same day she thought she had broken out in hives from stress. Later that night we met and I saw her 'hives' and began to look online as it was a weid coincidence that we were both dealing with skin issues. I read up on bedbugs and how the bites can take up to 9 days to appear. She called the hotel and lo and behold, they did have an exterminator check the room and they found bedbugs there. I'm praying that we didn't bring them home with us, as I have an 11 month old. FYI, always check for them no matter the situation. You can use a flashlight and a hairdryer will bring them to the surface. I had always hoped this wouldn't happen to me, but unfortunately, now I have become a victim of this nasty fear. I'm severely allergic and am itching as I type this. Please don't think this can't happen to you and always be on the alert.
***I hate to give the hotel a bad review, but since the bugs were there, I don't really have a choice. I will say the management has been very attentive to the matter***

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Right off Virginia's road to nowhere, and home to government contractors and apple growers, The undistinguished Leesburg Best Western had mediocre rooms, loud window heaters that kept me, but not my spouse up, and several six legged critters for us to share it with.

The hotel's business center (one computer) was adequate and free, its workout room adequate, and its complimentary breakfast pedestrian, but clean. The maids did a good job cleaning up.
It did have an elevator that worked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Culpeper, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here one night when in the area for a wedding. Rooms were clean and had nice amenities (flat screen TV, coffee maker, microwave, mini fridge) mattress was standard 8 - 10 inchches no topping and uncomfortable for me an my wife. Breakfast in the morning was above average with Typical Waffle Maker but also had scrambled eggs, sausage links, hash browns, and biscuits and gravy. Overall it's above average for what you pay for, if the mattress had been more comfortable would enthusiastically endorse this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011
tafton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We traveled to Leesburg with our 2 dogs to attend an English Setter Rescue reunion. The room with king sized bed was comfortable and clean with amenities like a small refigerator where I could keep canned opened dog food and or perishable snacks.

Complimentary Wi Fi was a bonus. There is even a computer room that guests can enjoy for the more sedentary and next to it is the exercise room for the fitness inclined.
Morning breakfast is complimentary with coffee available 24-7 in the lobby.
There is a popcorn maker in the lobby where guests can enjoy hot theater-like popcorn in the evenings. Each and every morning when I went to get breakfast the popcorn machine was totally cleaned out ensuring that when I say fresh popcorn ...it was just that.
There are restaurants that are within walking distance and many of them deliver if you don't want to leave your best friends lonely.
TIP check with the front desk staff to get tips on the best places and many times coupons to use for a significant savings.
If I have to point out any negatives...then I have to say that the hair dryer in our room did not work...had I reported it, I am sure it would have been replaced immediately as the staff was awesome. It was late and we were leaving the next morning so I actually forgot about it. The dogs found a few spiders in the room which were dispatched by my shoe. Behind the hotel is a green area where we walked the dogs. There was some poison ivy there..
It was a great place to stay and we would definitely return.
Visit nearby Leesburg Canine country club a fabulous facility

Room Tip: Ground floor was ideal for gaining egress to the outdoors. Several doors to choose from and we did n...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Smithfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Our group spent a week at the Best Western in Leesburg, Virginia and we are very pleased with our experience. The hotel is very clean, the complimentary breakfast is very good, and the staff is OUTSTANDING. We had at least twenty people in our group and everyone enjoyed their stay. The staff makes us all feel like "family."

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This hotel is very bike friendly. There is a free shuttle for pick ups and drop offs from White's Ferry on the C&O, the shuttle will take you to restaurants for dinner if you don't like those within walking distance, and it is close to a CVS with food, beer, and wine. It is just a few blocks from the W&OD. My wife and I were able to bring our bikes into the room, and there is a shed for large groups. The breakfast provided a great base for a day on the towpath and the pool was welcome after a 40 mile day. The staff is extremely courteous, and I really believe that they are happy to have us there. It exceeded my expectations, and we will be back next month on our next ride through Leesburg.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethany, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We arrived at the hotel in the early evening and left first thing in the morning, but this hotel had what I needed - a clean room and a comfortable bed. The room was a comfortable size for a family of four. The bathroom was clean. The front desk staff was very friendly. Although we didn't stay for breakfast, there was a full complimentary breakfast with hot and cold food, coffee, etc. There is nothing negative to say about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Leesburg Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!