“Good Deal for your Birthday” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 171 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Ashburn, Virginia
“Good Deal for your Birthday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

If you sign up for their e-mail club, you'll receive an offer for your birthday that includes a complimentary entree and dessert. I made a reservation through OpenTable and let the hostess know when I arrived, but I guess they didn't process it as I later received an e-mail from OpenTable asking why I did not honor my reservation. The complimentary birthday certificate stated you had to make a reservation. We were promptly seated. Our server brought bread and oil for dipping and it was quite good. I had the fish and asked if I could substitute the onion strings for the French fries and was told it would be no problem. I believe the onion straws were plated quite some time before my fish as they were not hot at all. I had the raspberry sorbet for dessert and it was good. My friend had the pulled pork sandwich and there was no problem when she wanted a different side. She had the molten chocolate cake for dessert and it too was good, and decadent. The whole dining experience was just "ok", and would have been better had the food been served hot. Since my meal was free, I guess I shouldn't really complain, but I've never been overly impressed on the few visits I've had, so I won't be going out of my way to eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Leesburg, Virginia
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We live nearby and have eaten here quite a few times and have always been happy with the food and service. It has outdoor seating on the street of a small shopping center and the inside is decorated in lively colors. Recently my husband and I both ordered the same entree and a few minutes later the waitress came to apologize and tell us that entree was not available. She explained why and then told us to order anything we wanted and our tab was "on the house." The manager also came to apologize and the waitress apologized again. We were not presented with a bill and we gave the waitress a generous tip. A couple of years ago we had a similar circumstance and again our entire tab was "on the house." There were 4 of us, including alcohol. Under this circumstance, most restaurants will offer a complimentary dessert or appetizer or a gift card for a future meal, but to pick up the tab is, in my opinion, quite classy! They have won my business and I'll bring friends!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, Virginia, United States
“Nice place for a glass of wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Made a quick stop for a glass of wine and some apps. Good wine list and reasonable prices made this worth a mention. Good apps as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Labor Day Monday - short on ingredients but still a good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our dinner but they were out of their famous bread and the meatloaf. They did substitute pizza bread with some cheese which was pretty good. My husband did find something else on the menu that he liked but we'd gone specifically for the meatloaf so it was a disappointment. I tried the chicken enchiladas and they were very tasty. Our server was fairly good but we had to ask twice for silverware and one of the food runners said they'd get my husband a refill and they never returned. Just a few little things. We will return for the good food but not our best visit.

Visited September 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“What an unbelievable dinner!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a place!!!!! Excellent service, excellent atmosphere and an awesome server in Caitlyn G. We went last night for a celebratory birthday dinner. The fresh bread and oil mix is delightful and very tasty. I ordered the lobster roll from their email that they sent out, it was not listed on any of the menus, you just have to ask for it. My wife ordered the Chicken Enchilada's, her goto order every time we eat at NYAJ's. I had a nice tall blue moon in a chilled beer glass with a slice of orange and my wife had the Joe's Jungle Juice. That was an awesome drink. It hid the liquor very well. The lobster roll did not disappoint. Most places mix the lobster with imitation crab meat, and then mask it by adding more celery and mayonnaise. Not at NYAJ's, they did it right. Big chunks of fresh lobster meat which tasted wonderful. Caitlyn was very polite and at tentative and very helpful and understanding. The servings were too much so we had taken our leftovers to go and we finished by ordering the s'more creme brulee. That was very tasty but very, very sweet. The one thing I noticed about NYAJ's is that the server's and hostess' all help each other and always have a smile on their face. One manager came over to us several times to make sure everything was ok, and our dinner and dessert were brought to us by two different servers. As far as celebrating my birthday, since I ordered the lobster roll, they took that off of our bill instead of the lesser priced Chicken Enchilada. Most places take the lower priced item off the bill. I thought that was very interesting and smart on their part. The second thing I noticed is that they offer you a free meal AND dessert. Most places either offer you a free entree OR dessert. Again, a great place to eat and we also helped out the local Ashburn Fire Department last night by donating 15% of our bill to their organization just by mentioning their name to Caitlyn at the beginning of our service. They were there for a fundraising event. I would highly recommend NYAJ's for any occasion big or small.

• Visited August 2013