“What an unbelievable dinner!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 168 restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.
Sterling, Virginia
“What an unbelievable dinner!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a place!!!!! Excellent service, excellent atmosphere and an awesome server in Caitlyn G. We went last night for a celebratory birthday dinner. The fresh bread and oil mix is delightful and very tasty. I ordered the lobster roll from their email that they sent out, it was not listed on any of the menus, you just have to ask for it. My wife ordered the Chicken Enchilada's, her goto order every time we eat at NYAJ's. I had a nice tall blue moon in a chilled beer glass with a slice of orange and my wife had the Joe's Jungle Juice. That was an awesome drink. It hid the liquor very well. The lobster roll did not disappoint. Most places mix the lobster with imitation crab meat, and then mask it by adding more celery and mayonnaise. Not at NYAJ's, they did it right. Big chunks of fresh lobster meat which tasted wonderful. Caitlyn was very polite and at tentative and very helpful and understanding. The servings were too much so we had taken our leftovers to go and we finished by ordering the s'more creme brulee. That was very tasty but very, very sweet. The one thing I noticed about NYAJ's is that the server's and hostess' all help each other and always have a smile on their face. One manager came over to us several times to make sure everything was ok, and our dinner and dessert were brought to us by two different servers. As far as celebrating my birthday, since I ordered the lobster roll, they took that off of our bill instead of the lesser priced Chicken Enchilada. Most places take the lower priced item off the bill. I thought that was very interesting and smart on their part. The second thing I noticed is that they offer you a free meal AND dessert. Most places either offer you a free entree OR dessert. Again, a great place to eat and we also helped out the local Ashburn Fire Department last night by donating 15% of our bill to their organization just by mentioning their name to Caitlyn at the beginning of our service. They were there for a fundraising event. I would highly recommend NYAJ's for any occasion big or small.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Knoxville, TN
“Good food & nice variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Liked the outdoor eating space. The menu has a good selection and reasonable prices. The casual style and good service made for a nice family dinner.

Visited July 2013
NYAJoes, General Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

P.S. the pizza is our best kept secret!

Washington DC
“Not your average chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Joe's is a stylish, family friendly restaurant that also appeals to couples and singles. Inside décor is mid-century modern with artful touches of stainless steel, subway tile, and lighting that evokes the 1950s and 1960s without feeling like an overdone theme. Let's talk about the bread, which arrives in a cone-shaped metal basket with a plate of house made dipping sauce of oil, red peppers, garlic, and parmesan cheese. it's chewy on the inside, crisp on the outside and that sauce is very good. I had a turkey BLT, which featured house-roasted real turkey on a satisfying poufy bun . Hubby had a burger and fries, which are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and not greasy. All sandwiches come with a choice of fries or organic greens. Wait staffers are friendly and well-informed about the restaurant and the menu selections. Our server asked if we were first timers (we were) and the manger came by at the end of our meal with $5.00 off coupons cleverly wrapped in the carry out menu for each of us. We enjoyed our choices but were wondering if we should have tried one of the house made pizza selections. Well we will just have to make a return trip! And looking forward to it!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NYAJoes, General Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hey friend, Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We can't wait to see you again. Oh and by the way our pizza is our best kept secret!

KCMO
“Macaroni was awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My meal was the flounder and I found it to be good but nothing to really write home about. However the Macaroni with chicken was wonderful. My wife had it and shared a few bites. i only wish I had chosen it. The beer was different, regional, and dark. Pricing was typical for Leesburg... a bit on the pricy side. The restaurant was clean and modern, with small booth space. The bread / garlic with oil was tasty, and the lemonade was reported to be good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hey friend, Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We can't wait to see you again. Sorry the founder was not to your liking. Let me know next time and I will gladly get you a different dish on the house.

Alburtis, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. The menu has a wide selection to meet everyone's needs. We would definitley return here.

Visited July 2013