“Good Burger, Cold Beer, Inattentive Bartender” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Market Street
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Burger, Cold Beer, Inattentive Bartender”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had not been to this restaurant in almost a year and decided to go for 1/2 Burgers on Monday night. The burgers were cooked to order, were tasty and served promptly. The beer was cold. There are a lot of regulars and they tend to get more attention from the bartender. We are not regulars and thus, had to wait to try another beer. The server within the bar area is very pleasant and is very attentive. And though we had not been there in almost a year, he remembered us and checked to make sure we were okay.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfortable place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've only eaten in the restaurant once, usually eat in the bar area.
Like: good service, nice selection of food. Nice outdoor seating on a good day.
Dislike: sometimes it can be crowded, but that isn't the restaurant's fault.

Visited June 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Fun bar but terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was the same at the V restaurant in Ashburn (same owners) I never get very good service there and there is always very few people in the restaruant.

Visited May 2013
“Better than Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My only experience here was dinner with a girl friend. We didn't go into the bar area, but it was a very active scene on a Thursday night. The food was good but nothing exceptional. I'd have given another half star if there was one.

I had steamed mussels in garlic/wine with French bread slices as an appetizer and it was a very generous, fresh and good. My scampi entrée was better than average. Really nothing was wrong. My total was $30 before tip. My friend had a salad and homemade flatbread pizza. Her bill was $25. Our wait person was very helpful and attentive. It's just not the best ambiance for great dining. It's more a hang out with friends or reasonable week night couple dining. I've heard the wine flights and beer brewed on site are great!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
VA
“Maybe an off day...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went Sat afternoon and sat outside on the 'patio' where about 3/4 tables were taken (none of these were the bar stool/tables nearby). So perhaps 6-8 parties, not busy. The waitress took my order wrong, then it took another 15 minutes to get my correct order done (turkey burger) and at that stage, my partner was done with his meal (I didn't want his fish/chips to get cold and rubbery). The burger was of course burned on one side (trying to get it cooked quickly??) and was more than well-done. Even if it was done well, the oily pepper strips were bland and too much of this mayo liquid added was tasteless. Not seasoned or peppery as the menu stated. The drinks and my partner's other beers seemed to take way too long to get to us for a venue that was not crowded. The waitress apologized a lot, but then gave us our bill - with the wrong item listed for my meal. So she had to re-issue our bill. I'm hoping she was having an off-day, but the food was not worth another visit. Highlight was the lemonade-Catoctin Whiskey cocktail. That was great! Partner's food was bland and tasted as if the fish were re-fried. Chips were too wet as well. A lot of other venues in Leesburg to try out. If you want to test it out, go INSIDE the restaurant and sit at the bar - and order some of the cocktails. Then venture to a bar snack if you dare.

• Visited May 2013