“Better than Average” 3 of 5 stars

Cross street: East Market Street
Leesburg, Virginia
“Better than Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My only experience here was dinner with a girl friend. We didn't go into the bar area, but it was a very active scene on a Thursday night. The food was good but nothing exceptional. I'd have given another half star if there was one.

I had steamed mussels in garlic/wine with French bread slices as an appetizer and it was a very generous, fresh and good. My scampi entrée was better than average. Really nothing was wrong. My total was $30 before tip. My friend had a salad and homemade flatbread pizza. Her bill was $25. Our wait person was very helpful and attentive. It's just not the best ambiance for great dining. It's more a hang out with friends or reasonable week night couple dining. I've heard the wine flights and beer brewed on site are great!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
VA
“Maybe an off day...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went Sat afternoon and sat outside on the 'patio' where about 3/4 tables were taken (none of these were the bar stool/tables nearby). So perhaps 6-8 parties, not busy. The waitress took my order wrong, then it took another 15 minutes to get my correct order done (turkey burger) and at that stage, my partner was done with his meal (I didn't want his fish/chips to get cold and rubbery). The burger was of course burned on one side (trying to get it cooked quickly??) and was more than well-done. Even if it was done well, the oily pepper strips were bland and too much of this mayo liquid added was tasteless. Not seasoned or peppery as the menu stated. The drinks and my partner's other beers seemed to take way too long to get to us for a venue that was not crowded. The waitress apologized a lot, but then gave us our bill - with the wrong item listed for my meal. So she had to re-issue our bill. I'm hoping she was having an off-day, but the food was not worth another visit. Highlight was the lemonade-Catoctin Whiskey cocktail. That was great! Partner's food was bland and tasted as if the fish were re-fried. Chips were too wet as well. A lot of other venues in Leesburg to try out. If you want to test it out, go INSIDE the restaurant and sit at the bar - and order some of the cocktails. Then venture to a bar snack if you dare.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
DE
“Great food and beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had our anniversary dinner here and it was great. Our waiter was also busy with a large rehersal dinner, but you would never have known. In fact we didn't until the end of the night when we asked him about it and he appologized if he was not attentive enough. But he was great! We never had to find him for a refill on our drinks, and he was friendly and quick! Would recommend this placy to everyone. Great atmosphere, food and the beer was really good too!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodbine, Maryland
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our party of 8 dined here on a Sunday afternoon -we had a reservation, not needed since there were only a few tables occupied. The service was horrible and the food only OK. We waited over 45 min for our food. The bread took about 20 min to arrive because, as we were informed, it needed to be heated. The crust was very hard as if they reheated last nights leftovers. One person in our party got onion rings which were almost burned - again as if they were "refried" from the previous night. Half of our party had to leave after an hour - that was when we were finally offered refills. When we were given the check it contained an automatic 18% tip. We may have given 5-10%! The couple at the next table also appeared less than satisfied. Perhaps Sunday is not the day to visit. This was our first time....and last.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Good burgers and beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm not a beer aficionado, but when I feel like a pint of something I know I'll like along with a great burger and fries, this is where I head in Leesburg. The service has never been less than excellent, and on more than one occasion I've been offered tastes of different casks when I couldn't make up my mind.

The bar area isn't huge, and it can get loud when crowded (although not echo-y loud, just ""cheerful people" loud), but there is an outdoor seating area if you need a bit of quiet (in good weather).

• Visited April 2013