“just Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Sterling, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My experience was just okay. It was pricey and the food was just okay. It was also very loud and we had a hard time hearing the people at the other end of our table of 7.

Visited September 2012

“good brew pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I like this place the wine flights are fun and the food is OK. The servers are nice and I usually have fun but its not a go to place for me even though its so close.

Visited November 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Good Micro Brews and good food at a decent price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We like to go there in the summer months and sit outside on one of the couches. It borders on the parking lot, so not much view, but it's nice on a moderate day. If you go at Happy Hour, you get reduced appetizers which are excellent. Try the flight of beer sample to get an idea about what is on tap that day and see what you like.

Visited December 2012
“Ehh... They need to step up a bit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I used to frequent this establishment when it was Thorobred's and have occasionally been back since its been V50. The food is pretty good. The beer selection is fine, although I prefer wine and feel that the place could benefit from a better selection.

During my last visit, my server was prompt and helpful and was able to recommend beers using verbiage I could understand. Not pretentious at all. The appetizers were okay for the price but not as good as some other up and coming beer and wine bars.

All in all, I'd go back and I probably will go back but it's not my first choice. They need to up the ante or they'll end up like their sister, Vintage 51, in South Riding.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Love the restaurant, love the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We are regulars in the bar at V50 - their beers are really delicious and they do a weekday special before 3pm which is excellent value, beats all other local bars and V0 is serving excellent beer whereas you would pay more for a national brand bland beer.
The bar food is tasty and reasonable. They have taken away some of the amazing value specials in the bar lately but you still get good value for what you pay for.
My husband and I have visited the restaurant section of the place on a good many occasions. Most recently they had a STUNNING lamb dish - I am fussy with how I like my lamb and they did it 3 ways, each way very delicious and a good size portion. The bar menu is also available in the restaurant.
Only problem there ever is for us is when they are busy and you can't find a seat in the bar! But good for them being so busy!

Visited November 2012