“Ehh... They need to step up a bit” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Market Street
“Ehh... They need to step up a bit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I used to frequent this establishment when it was Thorobred's and have occasionally been back since its been V50. The food is pretty good. The beer selection is fine, although I prefer wine and feel that the place could benefit from a better selection.

During my last visit, my server was prompt and helpful and was able to recommend beers using verbiage I could understand. Not pretentious at all. The appetizers were okay for the price but not as good as some other up and coming beer and wine bars.

All in all, I'd go back and I probably will go back but it's not my first choice. They need to up the ante or they'll end up like their sister, Vintage 51, in South Riding.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Leesburg, Virginia
“Love the restaurant, love the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We are regulars in the bar at V50 - their beers are really delicious and they do a weekday special before 3pm which is excellent value, beats all other local bars and V0 is serving excellent beer whereas you would pay more for a national brand bland beer.
The bar food is tasty and reasonable. They have taken away some of the amazing value specials in the bar lately but you still get good value for what you pay for.
My husband and I have visited the restaurant section of the place on a good many occasions. Most recently they had a STUNNING lamb dish - I am fussy with how I like my lamb and they did it 3 ways, each way very delicious and a good size portion. The bar menu is also available in the restaurant.
Only problem there ever is for us is when they are busy and you can't find a seat in the bar! But good for them being so busy!

Visited November 2012
Providence, Rhode Island
“COULD BE BETTER!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Beers....small selection--only one IPA! Ambiance--cool place. Appetizers-food ...nothing to get excited about. Prices...moderate. Overall...simply average.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charleston
“Great Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just stopped in for a quick lunch and had a few beers and some appetizers. The atmosphere was really cool and the food an beer selection was terrific. I will certainly go back when I pass through the area again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great beer, food comes up a bit short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Made my first visit to Vintage 50, after much excitement about hearing many good things. The beer is great....cask based, and very smooth. If you like beer, it's worth the trip alone just for that. The food, falls into this strange area of trying to be fancy, but not hitting the mark. My wife had the rissotto and shrimp. It was good, but one of the shrimp was undercooked. We had wings to start....guess what? one was raw in the middle. My meal was good...but again not great. If I go again, which I probably will, I will stick to the bar food like burgers, onion rings, and beer.

If I want a really good meal, I'd rather go to Tuscarora Mill or Lightfoot...heck...or Fireworks Pizza for 20% of the price.

Recommendation: Try it...but keep expectations in check.

• Visited September 2012