“Great American Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 159 Restaurants in Leesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Florida Keys
“Great American Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Friday Sept. 7, 2012, we were happy to find Blue Ridge Grill behind a large gas station. It was crowded and we had no reservation but were listed, given an approximate time of a half hour during which we drove around and then a pager; and we were seated within five minutes - a great seating system.
Of four family members, two ordered filet mignon and said it was excellent, one ordered strip steak and said it was excellent; I ordered crab cakes and they were excellent.The house salad is middling, ask for dressing on the side if you don't want the salad smothered.Coleslaw is very good. The apple walnut cobbler is delicious and plenty for three people.
Service is very good. One of our party was complaining loudly about food (at another restaurant)
which brought a manager to our table to ask if everything was OK. It was. A great meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Will be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Tried this place on a whim one day for lunch. The food was excellent as well as the service. The menu had ALOT to offer and I look forward to returning.

Visited September 2012
Virginia
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I tend to get the Blue Ridge Burger every time, but everything on the menu is excellent! The ribs are GREAT!!! My wife gets the Salmon or Filet Mignon every time and loves it. Sides are great as well: Fries are excellent, baked beans are excellent, broccoli is fabulous!

Visited September 2012
Hendersonville
“Enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Ate at the bar so no wait. Would have been a while if we had chosen to get a table. A very popular place. Food was wonderful. Both had steaks. Cooked properly and seasoned well. A bit pricey. Two steaks with beers over $80. Worth it IMO.

Visited July 2012
Vicenza, Italy
“Acceptable Food & Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been to the Blue Ridge Grill periodically since 2003. It looks nice and is usually crowded. I visited twice in late August.

The first August trip was with my son. First, I ordered lobster bisque and he had a dinner salad. The salad was good while I thought the lobster bisque was OK. It's thick with a strong sherry flavor and I've had better. I ordered the 12 oz prime rib and was able to get an end cut (medium) with a side of fresh asparagus. After getting through the very salty exterior, the prime rib was good quality. The asparagus was good, but was covered with a buttery, salty crumb sauce. Again, OK, but the sauce overpowered the vegetable. The other meal was ahi tuna, cooked rare, as ordered, and was pretty good. My son also ordered an Oktoberfest draught beer which had no head and was flat. Strangely, we were told that's how it was supposed to be, but later that week he ordered the same beer at a different restaurant and it had a head and was excellent. Perhaps the "lines" are dirty or the glass had soap on the interior.

As luck would have it, I returned to the Blue Ridge Grill for Saturday lunch because my friend selected it. This time I ordered what she had - a Brentwood Salad and a baked potato (loaded) on the side. The salad was huge with fresh toppings while the potato came "loaded". The potato was a bit dry, but had good flavor. Between the salad and potato, it was quite filling and I couldn't finish it all. Again, service was good.

Over the years I've eaten here about 10 times and always found it acceptable. However, I haven't found any item that was memorable. Perhaps I've ordered the wrong things, but nothing seems unique or special. Overall, the experiences were OK, but left me surprised by the excellent ratings and strong following the Blue Ridge Grill has. I'm sure I'll end up here again because someone will want to eat here. Oh, well...

• Visited August 2012