“esgolfnut” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Leesburg, Virginia
“esgolfnut”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This "old school" restaurant in downtown Leesburg is a hidden gem. I just don't understand some of the negative posts by other conbributors. The wait staff greeted and advised us to sit where we liked. Menus were promptly delivered and our drink order was taken. The breakfast menu is expansive and it took me a while to make a decision. My wife, an Eastern Shore, MD girl, was delighted to see scrapple on the menu. It made her decision easy, ordering it along with eggs and homefries. I inquired about the sausage and was informed it came from a local farm. I ordered the "special" consisting of eggs, sausage (other breakfast meats were an option), homefries, and wheat toast. It also comes with juice and coffee! My coffee was then refilled and we took in the "rustic charm" of the decor, a counter with seating, plenty of booth and table options, and old signage from a bygone era. Our food promptly arrived hot and cooked to perfection. My wife commented that her scrapple, though not seasoned quite liike "Rapa", was cooked perfectly and delicious. My sausage was well spiced, browned and tasty and our eggs were cooked to our satisfaction. We both were happy with our decision to come and "eat where the locals eat" and will definitely return our next time in town. Our total bill was an amazing $16. If you're looking for sterile and overpriced, go to Bob Evans or IHOP, but if you just want good food and a great value, give this jewel a try.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Richfield, Wisconsin
“R J's Deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites which is just across the street from the Deli. I ordered the 8 inch tuna fish sub and I loved it. Very generous portions. It tasted great. I ordered and was able to pick it up right away. If you want free delivery, they deliver to the Comfort Suites too. I would definitely go here again for a quick lunch/dinner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Virginia
“Another really bad downtown Leesburg restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went there for breakfast which should be easy but it wasnt. first we were in a cramped booth for just me and my husband then we got sticky menus and then once I finally got some coffee it was like drinking brown water. USE REAL COFFEE!!! Then there were not enough selections for me since I am diabetic so I ended up not eating and my husband ate what he called a perfunctory breakfast. The space is great but the food isnt.

Visited June 2012
Wash. DC
“Small town diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nothing that the title does not say.
food ranges from A to A, that is, bland to vanilla. You want bacon and eggs or a so so burger, this is the place.
Go there about once a year and say to myself "why?"

Visited January 2013
Leesburg
“A Fantastic Hometown restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The breakfast here is delicious..especially the sausage and French toast. Staff is very friendly and they make you feel right at home. Their specials for lunch are always good. It is indeed very busy on weekends.

• Visited December 2012