“Great Pastries..” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Bakeries in Leesburg
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Pastries..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The wife stops here on a regular basis, and finally got me to stop in. This place has got to be one of the best pastry spots I have encountered. Sandwiches are top notch, mine incorporated frsh bread (made in house daily)...awsome!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Providence, Rhode Island
“Nothing better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great food, breads, pastries and one of the best quiches I have ever had! They make their own foccaccia bread everyday--several types of ingredients...excellent!

Visited October 2012
Northern VA
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The soups and sandwiches are INCREDIBLE. This is the type of place you go to regularly. I see the same people there almost all the time. They get lots of regular customers because of their great quality. The ciabatta bread is the best I've ever had. Rather addicting actually. Shout out to the Potato Leek soup. (which I dont really taste much leek but I'm not sure that matters as all..) I also buy ciabatta bread here whenever I need good bread for my own meals. I make my own bread regularly but nobody can make bread this good so may as well buy some and pretend I made it!

• Visited September 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
“Casual and Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I love the sandwiches and deserts here. My favorites are the tuna sandwich, best ever tasted. And the walnut raspberry brownie. I recently discovered a peanut butter creme cheese type brownie and it has moved up on my list too! Staff is efficient and kind.

Visited July 2012
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
“Best Breakfast Sandwich I Ever Ate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I try and go to South Street Under at lest once a week. The breakfast sandwiches are incredible. We always get the Bacon, Egg, & Cheese on Ciabatta bread - bread that's baked fresh on the property. Insane! We've stopped by for loaves of ciabatta for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other special occasions.

The staff is friendly and Beth has the energy that you want see and hear in the morning...she's fantastic! Just about every other guest comes in and knows her by name...and she knows who they are as well!

They also have a fridge with a great selection of drinks, wine, and prepared food that you can take home to enjoy. We can't get enough of this place!

• Visited August 2012