“How Do You Mess Up Prime Rib?” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“How Do You Mess Up Prime Rib?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I arrived before 9:00 on a Friday night and she wanted to see the "new" ownership and menu. Only one other couple in the restaurant and we were seated right next to them, she on her phone, he obviously trying to impress his match.com date.
Ordered French onion soup and prime rib. No liquor license meant no drinks for me. Soup arrived, tepid at best. Waiter said can't be, just removed from oven to melt cheese. I sent it back, 10 minutes later it was back and hot. Entrees arrived and my prime rib did not look medium by any stretch, medium well to well done was closer to the finished product. It was also a cowboy ribeye!! I know what I ordered, my wife heard me order and I know cuts of meat.
I toughed out eating the steak, it was actually okay but everything on the plate was warm, not hot, not even the mashed potatoes.
I had to laugh when the check arrived and there was a space for a tip for the maître-de. Right! Won't be back

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“A welcome addition to King Street restaurants.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

A colleague and I stopped in for lunch on a cold day recently. When entering, you immediately get a sense of warmth and old world charm.

I had a simple grilled chicken sandwich and my friend had French onion soup and ceasar salad. Both meals were very good. Our server, Chris, was quite helpful and friendly and the surroundings were nicely decorated.

Despite the appeal of the atmosphere, quality of food and great service, there was only one other table occupied. I can only attribute that to a lack of advertising.

I certainly want to come back and have dinner. The menu looks fabulous.

Old Town Grill is a nice alternative to the higher prices of Lightfoot and provides a much needed steakhouse (with high quality cuts of beef) to old town Leesburg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“A forgetable experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I were in Leesburg on a cool day and the daily special of potato-spinach soup sounded really good. The place was empty except for one section where they packed the patrons together like sardines. That was warning sign number 1. My seat had a plastic wrapper on it from the previous patron. That was warning sign number 2. The soup was bland and set the tone for the rest of the meal. My wife had the $12.95 salad which was OK but Burger King makes one almost as good. I expected a hot beef and melted cheese sandwhich and the 'cook' probably watched the microwave melt the cheese and decided it was done because the beef was hot in some places and refridgerator cold in others. Very disappointing. The steak fries were large but also re-warmed. The coffee was best left in the pot. The water had ice which was good! The waiter brought the dessert tray and the best thing we can say about that was for the waiter to take it back. The 3 items on the tray looked like something made in an 8th grade home economics class. Bland, unexciting and unappealing. This is a place that is easily forgotten about and we will not be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Apex, North Carolina
“Old Town Grill = not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Over all the food is fine but price, environment, and service is poor.
They menu is limited, the food is fine but over priced. I guess we should have taken the hint when we entered the restaurant and there was no one else there on a Saturday night but we thought we would give it a try anyways. Our table had crumbs on it when they seated us and my napkin was stainned and had a burnt hole in it.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Green Tree is Closed and Old Town Grill is Open”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Green Tree has closed and Old Town Grill Steak and Seafood was opened in its place by the same owner. The food is contemporary. Mostly steaks, a few chicken dishes, and a few fish dishes (2 fish, 1 shrimp and a crab dish don't make something a seafood restaurant to me, sorry). Based strictly on the food we had, I would give 5 stars, but the service was odd at best. Food first: we had delicious mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat for an appetizer, the bread was delicious, the salad was great and our filet mignon (with to-die-for purple potato mash) was excellent. The following things were odd about the service: We waited a very long time for our entree--everyone else seemed to be getting their food but we kept waiting with not a word (when it came, the waitress forgot to bring steak knives, not the biggest deal, but it went along with the general absentmindedness). We didn't get bread even though everyone else did. I asked for it finally when we got our appetizers and the waitress said they ran out of butter (at 6:15 pm on a Saturday?!), but I asked her to bring the bread anyway (and it was so delicious it didn't need butter). Putting aside the question of why they ran out of butter so early (and why everyone around us magically had it), why would you simply decide to not bring bread to one of the tables while everyone else had it??? Shouldn't you ask if people want bread without the butter? Lastly, when I called to make a reservation at the Green Tree I was told that the restaurant was closed and this opened in its place, with the same ownership. I explicitly asked if the entertainment book coupon was still accepted and was told that it was. When we were paying, we gave our credit card and the Entertainment Book card. The receipt comes back--same price. We asked the waitress why she hadn't applied the discount and she said that she had no clue what the entertainment card was so she just ignored it. (Seriously?! Someone intentionally puts an extra card in there and you just shrug your shoulders and ignore it and don't even ask what it is if you don't know?). Suffice it to say that she called the manager who said that they don't accept the discount for the Green Tree. I reiterated that I had just spoken to someone at the restaurant before I called who said they did (I'm pretty sure she was standing a few feet away but kept mum). The manager, who obviously had a brain, said that if that was the case the would certainly apply the discount. So it ended fine, but really guys, you need to get your act together. Everyone else around, by the way, got their food quickly, so I don't know if we just got a waitress who was out to lunch.

• Visited June 2012