“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Leesburg, Virginia
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate in the restaurant for dinner. Though some may find the interior to be "dated", we found it clean and charming. The small booths and simplicity reminded us of sitting in a small Chinese restaurant in NY city. Service was excellent. Food was flavorful and freshly prepared and had not been sitting in back being warmed. General Tso's chicken was large pieces of white meat that were lightly battered and not at all greasy. We parked in the city garage in back (walk to King St. between buildings via alley).

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Good Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Only a couple of tables inside, so I usually take out. Food is good and never had a any issues with the dishes. One of my top three Chinese restaurants in the county.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, Virginia
“Decent Chinese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I had the dinner for 2. We started with soup. My wife chose the egg drop which was fairly good and I had the hot & sour which was mediocre. We both chose egg rolls and they were doughy tasting and flavorless for the most part. The cashew chicken was good and the seafood in lobster sauce was okay. The fried rice that accompanied the meal was disappointing. The service, was a little slow and the server confused our drink orders. To us, this was a typical Chinese restaurant experience. Instead of leaving hungry, you leave a little disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Only convenient.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a dated chinese restaurant nothing notable except possibly the fact that everything tastes the same. My husband and I have been here many time and gotten take out but it never gets any better. I think we have finally quit trying to find something to like there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“I was Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

China King was recommended by a local merchant as a good place to eat. Tripadvisor reviews generally supported this recommendation. We weren't disappointed. This is a little hole in the wall with about a dozen tables and booths. We came in about 6PM and by 6:30 there wasn't a seat available. The decor looks dated with lots of black and white photos of Chinese scenes. But, I have only good things to say about the food. My wife ordered a Spring Roll ( 4 on a scale of 5) but it came out almost immediately. The fried dumplings were excellent. My wife's dinner was made to order to accommodate her taste. My selection, Triple Delight, was as good as any I have had. The bill, $36 including tax seemed exceptionally reasonable for what we had. The servers were polite, helpful and very knowledgable of the dinners.

• Visited June 2013